Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ v.4.0 working fine feedback - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I found on my setup, I can't back spin or forward spin with the visualisations or a VOB playing. I don't think this is very important to me as I don't scratch, but any help would be appreciated. I also found that my CPU usage is about 18-22% with one VOB loaded and one playing. It is at around 70% with one playing and one loading. I know these are quite high, but it seems to work. I love the overall product minus the visualisations not being able to fade in and out with VOB to MP3.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:08 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
MSN = show your msn contacts what you are mixing ;)

MSN takes last song loaded on a player, so not current one.
I mean, you can see next song I'll play before play it 'cos I've just loaded to a player.
Also you can see which songs I'm checking/tasting to play/match with current one.

Could be better, but it's good for now.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:21 am
I've been "playing" on my family PC for about 4 hours now with VDJ 4.0. This is a low power system Athlon XP 1.2 GHz; 256mb Ram; Dual 15" Monitors with Radeon 9200; and a Sound Blaster Live 24. This PC has more software and more internet junk than can be imagined. It is a loaded down tired out family PC that my kids play on every day. Now, get this...

I've been mixing Videos of all kinds, avi, mov, vob, mpeg. No problems. I tested zipped karaoke and again no problems. The sound quality 100% better than 3.4. The video resolutions, again better. The user interface is so easy my 8 year old son picked it up in 5 minutes.

One word will describe my opinion...

Wow!

Stand Tall & Be Proud. You guys have once again created the best Digital DJ software available in the world.

Thank you.

Now go have a beer, you've earned it.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:24 am
Well I have been useing it for a few hours now and must admit that it is an awesome program. Great work by the Dev Team!!!! Although it will tack some time to get used too. Also CPU usage is amazingly low...about 7%. Nice. I don't understand why everyone is moaning about it. They need to take some time to familiarize with it.
But I am said about something...I cannot utilize the Keylock feature very well. Damn you Atomix!!!! Why couldn't you buy me a faster computer with my FREE update?

MS

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:28 am
I'm using it right now. LIVE in front of a LOT of people. Working fine for me!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:39 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I must agree with dj maddsound, everything is great but the new keylock feature is very resource hungery. i'm running a p4 2.8ghz presscot cpu with 1.5gb ram and i can only have one deck activated at a time with keylock otherwise it starts to go choppy as the cpu cant keep up. i have noticed that the keylock is only processing on one of the virtual cores (hyperthreading cores) so as soon as the processor usage hits 50% it starts losing samples. Also just one little thing i've noticed, the new mater tempo wont work unless scratch is set to the advnaced algorithm (it just behaves as though it was set to 'fast' mode)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:44 am
Dj Xeo wrote :
other than problems with the new timestretch and low latencies im chuffed with it

The new "Advanced" Timestretch works fine for me and I love that way it sounds! It beats Version 3.4's Timestretching's algorithms by a long shot!

djzero wrote :
Also just one little thing i've noticed, the new mater tempo wont work unless scratch is set to the advnaced algorithm (it just behaves as though it was set to 'fast' mode)

Report this to the developers, that bug is a nice find. So that the poor developers don't have to wade through all of these posts, submitting a ticket is easier for them to read the issues and address them appropriately.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:26 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Only problem I have is me getting used to the new version.
At first I said HOLY S*** great. Then it went to Arrgh don't like it . Back to okay I need to work on this program a bit more. It has better features and I think we all just need to work more with it and re acquaint ourselves with VDJ.
Some of the skins we may be used to don't work the same, but I am sure we can all work around that.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:12 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
bogart wrote :
Only problem I have is me getting used to the new version.
At first I said HOLY S*** great. Then it went to Arrgh don't like it . Back to okay I need to work on this program a bit more. It has better features and I think we all just need to work more with it and re acquaint ourselves with VDJ.
Some of the skins we may be used to don't work the same, but I am sure we can all work around that.

At the end you'll love it, there is no way back..

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:14 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well it is like having a whole new program, Minor fixes but overall a great Improvement

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:23 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
GargantulaKon wrote :
djzero wrote :
Also just one little thing i've noticed, the new mater tempo wont work unless scratch is set to the advnaced algorithm (it just behaves as though it was set to 'fast' mode)

Report this to the developers, that bug is a nice find. So that the poor developers don't have to wade through all of these posts, submitting a ticket is easier for them to read the issues and address them appropriately.

Yes we already know that and the dev team is still working on it.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:04 am
Hi, working really fine, some troubles, but it's just tweaking...
Really a good job!!
thanks

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:18 am
Mine is working properly. Great sound and no crackling, popping.
I am using the Mk2 and got the settings optimized.

Check the DJ Norway's sticky topic "Performance settings" or my blog for my system details.

I got many quesions but not about problem, more about the new features :D

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)