Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ v.4.0 working fine feedback - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

We've been waiting for v.4.0 for many weeks.
As it was told to finally be released, people on FORUMS where becoming mad waiting.
Now v.4.0 is out and many users are trying it.

There's many users around the world with many different PC hardware and many different External Controllers, and all of us use VDJ in different music sytles.
Also VDJ 4.0 has been code from zero, so it has similar menus to v.3.4 but different environement & config options. So it's not easy to like/fit/work fine for all of us at the first check of the new version.

I supose many of the users that are working fine with v.4 are not writing it here (many, not all) .

So could be great to have a "working fine" feedback with a brief detail of your system/hardware/controllers configuration to help one each other...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:54 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
a guy from another fourm has this in his signature

wise men talk because they have something to say

fools talk because they have to say something

Anyways no one said you had to use the FREE update. Has development stopped on vdj? NO and I'm sure it will continue to be the best choice. The update took a long time because it was completely rewritten from nothing. There will be continued support and updates.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:02 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
What a shame to come home and read all these negative posts. I think once the users test the software more they will see for themsleves it really is better than there first impression.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:06 am
And many people ask as they find something different or not find something or haven't tested at all, just previewed...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:07 am
Mine's working fine. P4 3.2GHz, HT, 1.5GB Ram, U46DJ, TCV(New Edition). I think you guys did a wonderful job from the bottom of my heart. The new way to use effects is perfect, the sound is astonishing. I had my buffer set to 128(2ms), I used the clone deck feature from 3.4(more than once with no skips. All with the key lock on. C'MON. I'm sure there are other TCV users who agree with me. I've been playing for over 6 hrs now. I just started fooling with the settings about half an hour ago.
I think this too much for free. But I greatly appreciate it. Cheers on your success.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:15 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what an empty topic............... lol

come on dont take it so hard, people like to moan more than they like to shout about how good it is. think about it, all the real DJs who are using it and having a good time are too busy to come here to thank you for it. all the lame DJs with nothing better to do come here to slam it.

well thats one way you can look at it anyway

other than problems with the new timestretch and low latencies im chuffed with it

everything is WORKING FINE

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:22 am
Just wanted to have some good opinions together, for helping DEV TEAM to go on with more great work...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:26 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
hello, i'm new , can i post? lol

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:33 am
Wish all news where as you CEL, LOL!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:37 am
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Working better than fine so far. I am Very Very Impressed!!!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:41 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
anyone else got it working fine?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:42 am
Good with Hercules MK2 and P.IV

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:46 am
Dj Xeo wrote :
anyone else got it working fine?

Yep, wanna make it clear that it's so far so good at my end. Well done guys!!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:48 am
its 3:20 at nite here in Norway, just got back from my 6th gig using VDJ4 live for houndreds of people at nightclub... for 4-5 hours in a row...

Does it work perfect for me?

Well you figure it out ;)))

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:19 am
I've been using it LIVE at VirtualDJ Radio for some different sets, and working fine.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:29 am
oh.. forgot to write the hardware settings, as you asked for...

VDJ 4 working perfect on my club system:

- 2x Pioneer CDJ1000mk3
- powered with timecode CD's
- hercules controller/soundcard
- P4 laptop, 1 giga ram

Timecode cds and CDJS.. gotta love it ... ;)
Now, only waiting for iCDX to see what that sexy thing offers ;)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:32 am
3:45 and I returned from a 1. v4 gig

I helped a friend, and was playing intead of him. He was sitting next to me and sometimes requesting a song :-). Really nice sound...

but CD was prepared to backup me....

After 2 hours I switched from my old skin to new one. And I used to it quite fast.
Yeah today I only played one hour in work during launch with v4. and during my way home in train (another 1 hour).

No problems, I added CPU asage to the default audio skin with mixer, and found out that "scartch setting ate my CPU, don't know why, only sometimes it took 20-30%, when I put it on lowest scratch setting cpu usage was 1-3%.

I am not scranthich/nor using video.
and my DAC2 is broken so it was left home. Just mouse and 2 external USB audio soundcards.

Once again thank you.

Only thing in settings I do not understand is "MSN" but i can leave with it...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:49 am
MSN = show your msn contacts what you are mixing ;)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:55 am
Don't think if MSN works fine right now, not for my MSN 7.5

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:56 am
Ok, I managed... You have to SET MSN to show WMP current song, and it takes VDJ one.

Good! :)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:00 am
61%