Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC 3 mapper for VDJ 4!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi VDJ staff! GREAT work on the new version 4! Im happy! Although, i need the dac 3 mapper for it.. and also a mix station skin for it..any idea where and when is it available? Please give me the link to the effects page if any one has already been there! Also, i wanted to know if its possible to see the gain level and the pitch level in the skin that comes with VDJ...
Thanks again for the great work!
Regards,
DJ Aditya

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:37 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:53 pm
Oh thank gawd ! scared me there when I read the title of that post. Although I expect a man like jpboggis would have soon adapted his dac3 plugin had it of been required. He's probably been holding of on the mappable version 2 until vdj4 came out.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:15 pm
Thats great! Backward compatibilty! And what about Mixstation skin? Thats my prefered...
Thanks

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:08 pm
The present DAC-3 mapper should work OK with VDJ 4, but it will have some limitations due to the fact that it was designed for VDJ 3.x

A new version (1.3) is almost ready for release (Currently testing and final bugs being fixed) - This has been re-designed for VDJ 4 to allow use of the new features, such as the new interface for FX, video FX and transitions.

The custom mapper (v2.0) should follow soon afterwards - Development of this has been held up while re-designing the mapper for optimal use with VDJ 4

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:18 pm
Thats great news..thanks JPBoggis! great work...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:33 am
Thanks for your work on this.. I tried mapper 1.2 last night and it works fine with 4.0, so no problems here...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 11:07 am
I love jboggis' mapper. Makes the DAC3 a joy to use. Everything seems fine in 4.0. Can't wait for the new one though to take advantage of the new effects engine. Thanks for all your hard work jboggis!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 11:46 am
New DAC-3 mapper for 4.0 done yet? Can't find it...

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 3:44 pm
An updated version for VDJ 4.0 will be released very shortly (Also still works with VDJ 3.x too.) The final beta version of mapper 1.3 has been reeased to VIP's today for testing.

NOTE: The current mapper will work OK with VDJ 4 - You just can't use new VDJ 4 features (E.g: New FX interface.)

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 4:31 pm
can't wait :)

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 5:16 pm
I just downloaded the new dac-3 mapper v1.4 and I can't get it to run with vdj 4.1
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong. I also noticed the new mapper had 2 dll files a dac3.dll and a dac3mapper.dll

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 2:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
From the provided DAC3Mapper.txt
To install the custom DAC-3 mapper, simply copy the mapper DLL file to
your VirtualDJ program files folder:

* If you are using VDJ 4.1 or above, copy dac3.dll to
C:\\Program File\\VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\ControlDevice

Note:
You may need the Microsoft .NET framework installed for the mapper to load and work correctly.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 2:43 am
Thanks cstoll. I got it working and it trully rocks.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 2:53 am
I just have to say, I've now been playing with VDJ v4.1 with the new DAC-3 mapper V1.4 and it is absolutelly out of this world. I have to give credit where credit is due. Thanks dev team for creating such an awesome DJ program, and one can not forget jpboggis. jpboggis you are the man for creating such an awesome mapper. It trully brings out the best in the DAC-3. Guys keep up the good work !!!!!

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 3:42 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Dj_john24 wrote :
and one can not forget jpboggis. jpboggis you are the man for creating such an awesome mapper. It trully brings out the best in the DAC-3. Guys keep up the good work !!!!!

I agree with you. Congratulations djboggis. You were faster than me this time :-)

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 3:44 am
Where can I get this mapper?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 12:42 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 1:21 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
* If you are using VDJ 4.1 or above, copy dac3.dll to
C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\ControlDevice

If I copy this, does my OWN dac-3 custom mapper work then?
I don't want to upgrade 4.1 just for trying if i'm not sure...

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 7:50 am
I cannot get the DAC-3 mapper to work at all in 4.1 As soon as I upgraded to 4.1 it went back to the internal mapping (which sucks). I have tried moving the .DLL to the various locations, as suggested but cannot get the old or new DAC-3 mapers to work in 4.1

Can anyone verify that they have the DAC-3 working correctly in 4.1 (not 4.0) I know it worked then!

Rusty

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 9:54 am
83%