Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Test before you play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Big word of advice. Test this on a test computer first. I have it on my home computer first and will be testing. Much less power but if it works here it wil work on my main system. I am not getting any vdeo on it myself. Karaoke works fine but music videos will not show the video, only the music plays. I checksed the extentions and I am using mpg and its there. Tried reclassifying the extenion and nothing still. Says loading on the window I have loaded the video on but then a black screen. Have to go to work now, I'm late, so I'll try again tonight. Anyone else can't play videos?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:11 pm
Hi,

I've the same problem here. The video doesn't work any more with VirtualDJ4.0 ! Even with the built-in effects !

Regards,

Olivier

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:13 pm
I can play more video formats flawlessly than before! :O)
Weird... I'm running Windows Vista BETA 2 now though.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:55 pm
Video working fine for me too (not trying to gloat, but just so you know that hopefully it's something simple).

Incase anybody didn't see dj-in-norway's advice. Before you install VDJ 4, go to my computer, find the VDJ folder and rename the virtualdj.exe file something like virtualdj_3.exe. Then when you install 4.0 it won't remove 3.4 so you can have both while your working out any issues.

That's what i've done and havn't had any problems. Good luck everybody else! :)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:01 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In Config on the Codecs tab - try associating the extension(s) with Windows MediaPlayer Video Decoder, do the videos play now?

cstoll

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)