Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ BATTLE Invitation: ConQuest vs. A Man And His Music - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

exactly.. if you drive a car, you are a car driver...

I did not say all djs are good djs, but if you play for audience you ARE a dj...

But OF COURSE some djs are better than others, just like some cardrivers are better than others...

Some dj at huge festivals, some drive Daytona 500

Dont be silly ConQuest ;) You seem to argue just for the sake of arguing.. ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:28 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
ConQuest you should stop this. What is the meaning of this "mine is bigger than yours" topic? I say again, respect others to gain respect! A Man And His Music can be my father by his age, and I'm 29! So please no more Mac, Battle, Fight or anything childish like that. Virtual Dj Version 4 is around the corner. When we all get it we will have many subjects to chat about. Stay cool ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:18 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is there a way to classify certain posts/posters as spam? lol

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:29 am
l_rids wrote :
Is there a way to classify certain posts/posters as spam? lol

If there isn't, then you've certainly just justified a reason for there to be a way to classify posts/posters as spam/spammers with your useless post.

Oh yeah ... "lol".

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:54 am
It was the joke ConQuest ;) Lighten up!
What is the time over there? It is 7 am here and I still waiting for V4 :) , in the mean time, I watch my Basketball team VS. Argentina in Japan (it is 57-49 for Serbia).

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:12 am
DJ-ALF wrote :
ConQuest you should stop this. What is the meaning of this "mine is bigger than yours" topic?

i respect you Alf, but do you really not know enough about the history of deejaying or art of turntablism, one of the main elements of Hip-Hop culture, to know that calling someone out to battle is a way to settle differences [big or small] and/or simply showcase talent among peers? As I initially stated, there is no aggressive intent on my part in calling for this battle, but I will never sit quietly and let someone insult my beliefs, pride, honor, or experience. Besides, very often these battles end up strengthening relationships among former rivals.

I have an issue with A Man And His Music's atitude towards me in my other thread where I was LEGITIMATELY complaining about BAD BUSINESS POLICY; Atomix not shipping PAID FOR PRODUCT to awaiting EXISTING CUSTOMERS because of an entire distribution division shutting down because of an expo while only posting that fact less than 48 hours before the epo and after many people like myself had placed orders shortly before. He did not feel that my complaint was proper and made it known in a public forum created by me, but in a less than admirable manner.

He took it upon himself to try and talk down to me in a dj forum, so now I'm inviting him to teach me the lesson that I'm sure I'll learn from his "38 years of 'dj' experience" n a "REAL" dj's manner and setting.

What's wrong with that?

Maybe I will be proven to be a child in the face of A Man And His Music. Regardless, I'm man enough to take that risk and the consequences, win or lose. Is he? Or does he only "teach" people "lessons" online and then hide behind the internet and/or his lengthy inexperience?

Afterall, this is a site for dj's isn't it?

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you can't stand the noise, get out of the dj booth.

DJ-ALF wrote :
I say again, respect others to gain respect!

A Man And His Muic disrespected me on a thread that I started because of a LEGITIMATE complaint that I had. This was a legitimate INVITATION to settle differences between us dj's in a traditional dj manner. So respectfully, stay out of this particular instance, Alf.

DJ-ALF wrote :
A Man And His Music can be my father by his age, and I'm 29!

This is a DJ issue, not a "respect your elders' one". I know a lot of people who are a lot more intelligent and/or experienced than other people, younger or older.

I respect intelligence and experience, not age.

DJ-ALF wrote :
Virtual Dj Version 4 is around the corner. When we all get it we will have many subjects to chat about. Stay cool ;)

Agreed. =)

- OFF BATTLE TOPIC, ON DJ TOPIC -

For anyone interested in furthering their dj abilities and developing them into skills, or just wanting to at least know about dj'ing, it's roots, past, present, and where it's moving toowards in the future, just search online.

Take pride in your art!

Here, i'll start it. =)

Check out the DJ'ing section of the following webpage:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_culture

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:08 am
DJ-ALF wrote :
It was the joke ConQuest ;) Lighten up!
What is the time over there? It is 7 am here and I still waiting for V4 :) , in the mean time, I watch my Basketball team VS. Argentina in Japan (it is 57-49 for Serbia).

It's 11pm here in California.

Is it 7am Thursday morning over there? It is, right? It has to be, because I think we're the latest time zone over here.

AAAAHHHH!!! I can't STAND the wait!!! =P

Maybe they'll release it at 12am [within the hour] in the latest time zone [ours].

Let's cross our fingers and hope that VDJ 4 is available in ... 47 minutes!!! - [it's 11:13pm right now]

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:13 am
Now is 8:35 am (it is GMT+1, same as France, homeland of Atomix) in Serbia and we lost from Argentina :(
I'm going to sleep now and if they announce when is V4 come out than you take minus 7-8 hours and that's your time ;)
See ya later!

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:36 am
I was merely trying to stir you up ConQuest to see if you would back it up, and you have and I respect you for that, no hurt intended.
peace mate

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:08 am
stevomay wrote :
I was merely trying to stir you up ConQuest to see if you would back it up, and you have and I respect you for that, no hurt intended.
peace mate

All good now, stevomay.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)