Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: More BPM problems with Dvinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I understand that Dvinyl support is recent and a number of things still need to be ironed out. And I am getting better with it learning to work around the issues. Yet I noticed the following:

Issue 1: BMP increases towards the end of the song. It seems VDJ does on the fly BMP calculations, but somehow scores pitch set with Dvinyl too low in the beginning.

Issue 2: BMP is calculated differently after beatmixing. Example: I set pitch to 125.5 BMP then slowing down the record to beat mix. After I am done the new pitch is 125.3 BMP and te record really runs slower, screwing up my beat mix with the other record that remains 125.5 BMP.

Issue 3: BMP calculations have way too much latency.

Issue 4: When beatmixing the BMP's change and so does the graph displaying the record. The space between beats shrinks or increases dramatically when pushing or stopping the record to match the beats. This screws up the graph. After some time it returns to the previous BMP and suddenly the graph jumps back to what it was. This seem only to affect the graph and not the music, but it is very confusing.

Proto

Posted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 3:44 pm
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It gets a lot better when using the settings of Dvinyl differently :

Latency to 11ms
Pitchbend to 4%
Pitchbend arrival 0.5

This reduces the latency issues but not completely. BMP still seems to float a bit though. Without changing the pitch controller, BPM can get new readings depending on forward backward movement of the record.

Posted Thu 15 Jul 04 @ 7:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)