Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Error message when using playlist

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I used an old playlist and it has a song that has been removed or placed somewhere else from the database I get an error in the player during automix if it can't find the song and the music stops until I load another song and start it again.

Is there something I can do that it will just skip the missing song and go to the next one. Is this something that VDJ might implement in V4.0? It would also be good to have an error log created for this problem so we can remove or relink the song to the playlist. Is there a utility than can run and relink the song with the database? Am I missing something in the instructions?

It would be easy to remove the damaged linked song or fix it but the problem is that I shuffle up the songs press automix(dinner music) and walk away so I don't know what song actually caused the error.

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 6:47 pm
I think the best way for VDJ to handle this is:
If the next song in the playlist could not be loaded that this song is skipped and that the next in line in the playlist will be loaded instead.
It could be good to post it in the "new features" forum.
Ewout

Note, another option could be to create a program that will test your playlist. If it contains songs that could not be found, that will be reported or fixed.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 11:44 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Superstom wrote :

If the next song in the playlist could not be loaded that this song is skipped and that the next in line in the playlist will be loaded instead.

Yes, Winamp works that way, good suggestion.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 2:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)