Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crackling audio on VirtualDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

today i purchased an external soundblaster live 24 bit sound card to test on the trial of virtualdj before i buy the full version.

the sound is slightly distorted and crackly? does anyone know how to fix this?

itr;s nothing to do with the sound set-up or drivers as the output through iTunes via this card is absoluetly perfect....no distortion.

i've tried changing the audio settings in virtual dj but still horrible crackling on high notes and also stuttering ocassionaly on the waveform

help!!

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 9:51 pm

Before VDJ4 is out (in a few days), use that card in direct sound mode, and not asio

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 10:04 pm
please can you clarify what you mean? what setting do i need to change to stop the crackling?

it seems connected to VirtualDJ only as WinAmp, itunes etal all work perfectly with great sound clarity.

i'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the problems of virtualdj and now wondering if i should bother with full version...

many thanks

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 10:31 pm
you could also try to increase the lantency of your soundcard. when you set it too low, the sound could also crackle. The faster your cpu, the lower your latency can be set.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 1:52 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes it could be either latency or 48khz mode you're having issues with. VDj 4 should support the 48khz mode unlike previous versions.

Regards.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 3:45 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Go to CONFIG>SOUND CARDS and tell us how you have it set up right now.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 8:24 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I have that sound card and no problems at all with Pro version. I didn't adjusted anything, it works right away with drivers from cd.
Why are you using Live when you have MK2 and why do you use Trial when you have Home Edition of VDJ? I'm confused.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 7:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)