Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VIRTUAL DJ 4.0 (Official Screenshot Enclosed) - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Damn!!!! And now we are being teased...:(

Three cheers for the Dev Team!!!

MS

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:27 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'd say it sure looks a fair bit more progessional than the old default skin. Good work on the design of the visuals.

Now I have to get my own skins converted over... but maybe I won't need to now if the UI has been improved that much.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:33 am
i love the blue and red of the wave form...i think is better than the color of the skin that we use with the 3.4 version!!! i wait for monday and ai pray that this day will arrive more fast than the other because after monday te time have to spend very very latew so we can use for much time the new program!!!!

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:45 am
wow. in the words of peter griffin, that looks freakin' sweet!

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 5:32 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Notice the needles move relative to the song position, very nice indeed!!!

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 8:41 am
Looks very very proffesional and it has a series look to it...One thing that I hope it has is recording the video mixing.....please have it as a feature for 4.0 and if you dont just added on, you guys have plenty of time till monday (lol) :)

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 9:47 am
Looks very good! :-)

Somehow the buttons remind me of Native Instrument's DJ Studio but maybe that's me.
I still prefer Virtual DJ though... :D

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:00 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi staff... i bet your servers are going to be sooo busy tomorrow with everybody downloading the new version. I'd be willing to help minimise this bandwidth problem by downloading my copy right now instead.

Ah well, worth a try... ;-)

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 2:23 pm
olivierbergman wrote :
I've done a lot of program in C++, Java, and built a lot of PC. I know MacOSX and Windows XP and Linux.

Great! =P

And I've managed Novell, windows,and Mac networks for major international companies like Xerox [you know, that company that actually invented the mouse and GUI] and worked for some fruity companies as well.

But... for the LAST TIME...

IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN WINDOWS AND LIKE MAINTAINING IT, OR SIMPLY KNOW HOW TO, OR ARE A MODDER/UPGRADING ENTHUSIAST, OR IN THE CASE OF OLIVIERBERGMAN, A CODER, THEN GOOD FOR YOU... YOU ARE IN THE VAST MINORITY.

By all means, buy pc's and do whatever you want. There's still a lot more hardware options for franken-designed pc's, but that will change very quickly now that Apple has gone with x86 processors.

I'm not trying to help or advise the [proportionally] few windows users that don't need help or don't have blatantly obvious, and well known windows issues. I'm helping the VAST MAJORITY of windows users that are having typical problems and have no idea why they're happening, but more importantly, don't know either how to prevent them or recover from them.

In similar context, It's great that people can recover from diseases, but why not avoid getting them to begin with?

That doesn't mean Macs won't ever have a virus or even thousands. It's simply very unlikely that we'll have 200,000 known vulnerbilities anytime soon, and if we ever do, windows will probably still be 200,000 times less secure than Mac OS as it is right now:

[CHECK OUT THE GRAPH...LOL!!!]

http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/?p=49

"Rockets bursting in air, fireworks everywhere! Thank you for helping mark the 200,000th entry into the VirusScan malware (malevolent software) detection database....It is alarming that we reach this milestone so soon after September 2004 when the count reached 100,000. Eighteen years to reach 100,000. Less than two years to double. Looking ahead, our researchers expect yet another doubling in a similar timeframe. So, 100,000 new threats in the past two years, 200,000 new threats to come in the next two years!"

windows vulnerabilities aren't a secret anymore, that's why windows to Mac switchers are numbering in the hundreds of thousands, soon to be millions:

Apple's Switch-Hit Homer
First-quarter figures suggest that 2006 may be a very big year, thanks to Windows users swapping their hardware. Analyst Charles Wolf of Needham and Co. in New York late last year forecasted that there could be something on the order of 1.3 million people "switching" from Windows to Mac this year. That number may be a little low.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/apr2006/tc20060420_719591.htm

Ugh, I'm tired of beating this dead horse.

The numbers don't lie. microsoft does.

Quote :
But perhaps for Conquest i'm a stupid man because i use Virtual Dj on a PC.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 2:52 pm
Hi,

If you read me, I don't say that Windows XP SP2 is superior to the OS 10.4.7 or that the OS 10.4.7 is superior to the Windows XP SP2.

I'm not a Windows integrist or a MAC OS integrist or a Linux intergrist....

Welcome to VirtualDJ under MAC. And have pleasure with Virtual DJ4.0

i just want that you stop your SPAM and stop to be a fanatic and fight peoples that of a moderate point of view.

Lets talk about Virtual Dj 4.0 and music or pro audiocard....

Regards,

Olivier

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 2:59 pm
just my 2 cents, mac or pc it all depends on what you use it for
now knock it off & talk about something else guys

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:03 pm
very sweet loox on the v4..cant wait...

but do u know what sux??its gonna be the 21st here in india before europe and the rest of the world and i probly wont be able to download it until 21st GMT...

damn GMT...

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:04 pm
Hi,

Keylock function seems to be a great feature !

can't wait !

Regards,

Olivier

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:07 pm
olivierbergman wrote :
Hi,

If you read me, I don't say that MAC is superior to the PC or the PC is superior to the MAC.

I'm not a Windows integrist or a MAC OS integrist or a Linux intergrist....

Welcome to VirtualDJ under MAC. And have pleasure with Virtual DJ4.0

i just want that you stop your SPAM and stop to be a fanatic and fight peoples that of a moderate point of view.

Lets talk about Virtual Dj 4.0 and music or pro audiocard....

Regards,

Olivier

I only came on here to get a look at the VDJ 4 screenshot!

I happened to stumble across OliverBergman's post to me accusing me of calling him "stupid" for using VDJ on a windows pc.

I was just clarifying that I don't care if you use a windows pc and you're a competent user. Just don't try to pretend that the vast majority of windows users aren't having problems, because that's why they are looking for alternatives, and there are only two: Mac or Linux.

Linux however doesn't cut it for the majority of computer users who "just want it to work".

NOW BACK ON TOPIC

VDJ 4's default skin looks SOOOO much better now!!! =D

VDJ 4 looks classy instead of childish like 3.4... just like Mac OS X vs windows XP GUI's... XP looks like a first grader picked out the colors and a clown painted it.

I"M SORRY!!! I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!!! =P

I'm glad I upgraded to VDJ Pro yesterday and can't hardly wait to get VDJ 4 tomorrow. ;)

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:11 pm
Ohm_RSAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
@sclavel

1) Awesome, you are now personally responsible for buying me a fresh set of underwear.
2) Antiloop mixed with Paris Hilton - NOOOOOO!

;)

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:36 pm
Hi,

Even "Paris Hilton" or bad music sound good with the new audio engine of Virtual DJ 4.0 !

incredible !

:)

lol

Olivier

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 3:55 pm
Support staff wrote :
Wait and see! Once again, features will be revealed as same time as software release :)

Everybody's eyes are going to be glued onto the feature list as Version 4.0 downloads in the background for sure. :-)

I like the new skin! Will Atomix make other professional skins that users can choose instead of just one? It's too dark for my tastes. I could edit it in Photoshop later with the SDK, but Atomix will do a better job I think. What resolutions are they at? I use a 1280 x 960 configuration. I don't like to use the maximize button because this happens:

Maximize Bug

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 5:08 pm
phillydj wrote :
Notice the needles move relative to the song position, very nice indeed!!!

I love details!

Little details like this make programs unique and great! This is great stuff!

ConQuest wrote :

VDJ 4 looks classy instead of childish like 3.4... just like Mac OS X vs windows XP GUI's... XP looks like a first grader picked out the colors and a clown painted it.

I"M SORRY!!! I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!!! =P

I'm glad I upgraded to VDJ Pro yesterday and can't hardly wait to get VDJ 4 tomorrow. ;)

I like the look of Windows XP but I like even more the look of Windows Vista. I am probably one of the few that do. While my classmates where having a discussion on how ugly Vista looks, I interrupted and said "I love how it looks!" They all stopped and stared for a good 3 seconds. It was funny. I like red, yellow, blue and green. I guess I am just childish. :-)

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 5:19 pm
Quote :
I guess I am just childish. :-)

Maybe ;-). Different people. Different tastes.

This a bit off topic...

I like how the buttons on Vista looks too. I don't mind the XP design either, but I try to turn off all the effect because I prefer speed than looks. Blue is a very stand colour and there is a reason they picked it. There is a reason why God painted the sky blue.

Here is a little "Psychology of Color":

The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors. It causes the opposite reaction as red. Peaceful, tranquil blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so it is often used in bedrooms. Blue can also be cold and depressing. Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty. People are more productive in blue rooms. Studies show weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms. - InfoPlease

The design of 3.4 was not childish, but I would say, at first it looks a bit simple but just like the manual says, don't let it fool you and it did not. First impressions are important for most people. Usually you look at the screenshots before you download a program. I have to admit, I'm put off when software uses the old installers, like the VDJ Database Upgrader... whn you see that installer, you can almost guess how the software will look. and VDJ Database looks old but it does what is says and is a great tool.

Apperance is just the cherry on top! :-)

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 5:36 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I love the CPU load meter, and I am wondering what the buttons 1,2,3 do next to the waveform.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 7:15 pm
91%