Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VIRTUAL DJ 4.0 (Official Screenshot Enclosed) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I recently purchased VDJ 3.4....Is the upgrade going to be free or I would still have to purchase it at full price... I keep reading around in the forums but I think Iam getting even more confused. lol...Also the expected release date is between AUG21-Aug24, 2006......Any info would be great....thank you so ,uch

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 10:58 pm
It's been mentioned numerous times that the upgrade will be free to all Professional Edition users

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 11:04 pm
Awesome....thank you so much for the quick reply....release date still aug 21 -24 2006

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 11:10 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes that is still the release date.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 12:04 am
Ah, the beauty of a search engine to find what one is looking for... :-). Haha.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 1:03 am
erdiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there DJHelios, I’ve just bought VDJ too, so I understand you can hardly wait for the next version as am I. I guess we are the lucky ones, ‘cuz we don’t have to wait for months like most guys have (VDJ 3.4 release date is back in march 2006). But being new to v3.4, I still have a lot to learn about it, so I’m being patient. And hopefully I don’t jinx the release date or something. lol

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 5:01 pm

...... welcome as new members ;)

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 5:41 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

...... welcome as new members ;)

Must... know ... MAC VERSION CROSSGRADE ... free or discounted?!!!

I'm gonna be seriously pissed if I have to pay full price for the Mac version because Atomix decides to end the current 50% off Internet Upgrade offer for VDJ 3.4 Pro at the same time as VDJ 4 is released next Monday or maybe they'll discontinue that offer even sooner.

I want to upgrade for $99 from the VDJ Home version which came with my Hercules Mk2 to VDJ 3.4 Pro, but if we have to pay full price for VDJ 4 for Mac anyways, then I've wasted $99.

THAT is why I need to know this REPEATEDLY REQUESTED [for several weeks] information.

@ Norway -
I'm gonna hold off on buying the TCV's that I was gonna buy earlier this week and buy the new TCV for VDJ 4 since it [hopefully] should be available upon VDJ 4's release, or at least soon after.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 12:46 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i was of the understanding that the old TCV has been phased out and that any orders dispatched as of a couple of months ago were the new type

and conquest, wait a week before buying it, its not going to kill you
all people can tell you is their oppinion and guesses, the people that have made the pricing strategy are the corporate staff and its unlikely moaning repetetively is going to yeild an answer from them

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 1:31 am
Xeo -

My point is that I have the option to upgrade to VDJ 3.4 Pro for windows at the discounted internet price of $99, but if I/we [Mac users] don't know if we'll have to pay full price for VDJ 4 for Mac, then one of two things is gonna happen:

1 - If there IS a free or discounted Mac crossgrade and I DON'T buy the discounted internet upgrade now, then I run the risk that the discounted offer may be discontinued any minute/hour/or day between now and Monday when VDJ 4 is released. Then I will have to pay full price, whatever that may be, and will probably cost at least $249.

2 - If there IS NOT a free or discounted Mac crossgrade and I purchase VDJ 3.4 Pro for windows, then I will have wasted $99 on a windows upgrade that's useless to me.

Do you see what the dilemma is?! Either way I risk losing at least $99 for a useless upgrade, or spending at least $249 for a full version because I didn't buy the upgrade, all because no one can answer this ridiculously simple question from an EXISTING ATOMIX CUSTOMER.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 3:25 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VSJ has always been quite reasonable with its upgrade offers as well as its prices. if the crossgrade is not free then I’m sure that there will be a discount offer to people with the Pro version, I very much doubt it that Atomix would make Pro users pay full price again for the same software on another OS.

Just look at the Birthday offer a month ago as example, it was obviously aimed at converting cracked users over to a legal version at a very good price. If they do that for cracked users I’m sure they'll do the right thing for us Pro users. I'd say that it will either a small upgrade price or for free.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 3:33 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 6:02 am
This is awesome...I just purchased Virtual DJ 3.4 and now 4.0,,,sweet....I used to use ATOMIX and one thing that i think Virtual DJ is missing is that sweet button that ATOMIX had....THE YELLOW MAGIC BUTTON LOL... The beat mixing was so smooth when you decided to change a track at last minute... I still have a Atomix version in the laptop...to mix some tracks or remix a song because the mixing is very good with that yellow magic button lol...Maybe Im just not used to virtual dj but for video mixing is the best program ever designed...i love it...cant wait for 4.0

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 6:10 am
beat mixing is smooth go in to CFG OR SETUP you wiil need to go in to CFG FOR MIXING TO BE SMOOTH. release date VDJ4.0 24/08/2006

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 6:19 am
thank you for the quick response but iam new to this...what do you mean exactly? thank u

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 6:22 am
My Settings! FOR {Dance - House - Club}

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 6:30 am
i just set it up like that but now every track i play sounds horrible doesnt mix at all

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 6:48 am
djzero wrote :
I'd say that it will either a small upgrade price or for free.

I [mostly] have faith that Atomix will do the right thing too, as in NOT charging full price for the Mac version and offering a free or discounted crossgrade if I upgrade to the windows VDJ Pro version before Monday's VDJ 4 release.

If only a little "birdie" could VERIFY by PM'ing me or something... =P

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 10:57 am
To clarify things a bit:
- virtualdj 4 (pc version), will be available for free to existing "pro user" (the free upgrade doesn't apply to homeedition users)
- virtualdj 4 mac version will not be released yet. No release date has been fixed yet, but it should be more something like around christmas. Maybe. When it will be released, it will be a free upgrade to all existing pro users.
- the actual 50% discount for download-only will raise a little on release of 4.0, but it will still be a discounted price compared to the boxed version.
- there will still be discounts for homeedition users to purchase version 4 full, but the price will raise too.

Hope that makes things clearer.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 12:30 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
looks like saying something enough times pays off sometimes!

if the mac version is coming out much later i wonder how delopment is going with Virtual Vinly on the Mac platform and if this will be released at the same time for both VV XP and VV OSX

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 2:42 pm
30%