Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Buzzing sound problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys! I've been using VDJ for a while now, and decided to buy the full (legal) version. In the past, I've been having sound problems such as a loud buzzing sound after about 4 hours of playing. I've read that this issue is known in the cracked versions, which was one of the reasons I decided to purchase VDJ Pro. Anyway, since I uninstalled the old copy and installed my new one, I still have the same problem. I can play music continuously in Winamp with no problems, even after 15 hours, so I know its not my soundcard or my driver. However, in VDJ, I can't play more than 4 hours or so without this horrible hissing and buzzing sound, which is only resolved by restarting the program. If you have any ideas for me to try, please let me know!

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 4:45 pm
hmmm....

it IS a bug in some of the cracked versions... A loud buzz after about 3-4 hours.

So, please try again, to completely uninstall VDJ.
Remove all registry entries of VDJ...
Rebooth and install your legal version....

The crackers done a bad job, so that nasty bug is NOT part of the legal version.
There must be some "left overs" from your earlier cracked version that causes this...

Hope a clean uninstall and reinstall fixes that... It should

;)

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 5:01 pm
Thanks, I'll try that later tonight and see if the newly cleaned registry fixes the problem.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 5:14 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
could it be a grounding problem?

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 5:27 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
don't think so, a ground loop would be present at all times. Are you using the advanced config for your soundcard?

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 5:33 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
What sound card are you using? Looks to me as a latency problem, happens with EMU 1212m.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 5:55 pm
I just bought the program yesterday, so I've only had time to try the program on my laptop, has the built-in sound card, and a USB sound card (nothing special though). My desktop has 2 soundcards, the built-in, as well as a Philips PCI sound card. Ill try it on there later this week, but am fearing the same problem (maybe cuz of the registry settings from a previous cracked version). When the buzzing occurs, it happens to both the left and right decks (both sound cards, with different drivers). I've tried the program with the advanced config, with 2 sound cards and a mixer, as well as just 1 sound card with the internal mixer, however, the problem occurs with both configurations.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 6:20 pm
its a WELL KNOWN bug in cracked versions... ;)

A LOUD buzz after about 4 hours...

So a clean reinstall of your legal VDJ, and troubles are gone ;) No more cracked version problems

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 7:38 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
after u uninstall the program go to you start/run box and type regedit.exe in the left window look for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE open it and find the folder that says SOFTWARE now open that and find the VirtualDj folder, when u find it right click it and delete it, now reinstall your legal version

also check the HKEY_CURRENT_USER under software in case ther is an instance or VirtualDj there too

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 8:15 pm
Yea, I'll definetely do that this afternoon...thanks for all your help everyone, you guys are awesome!

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 8:31 pm
If nothing helps, do a clean Windows install and try it out.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 9:07 pm
well guys, I uninstalled VDJ and deleted all registry entries, re-installed the new copy and still the same problems. I'm not sure why, and really don't want to format my hard drive and re-install windows again (although, that will be my last option). I'm gonna mess around with it again later today, but feel free to post any new ideas you guys may have. Thanks again!

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 4:34 pm
If you have another pc, try it on that one. If this pc does not have the problem it is probably your pc. If you don't use a builin sound card you could swat this also to the other pc, to make sure it is not your soundcard.
Ewout

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 7:13 pm
I have 2 computers that I've tried it on, and both do the same thing. However, i also had the cracked versions installed on both. So, i installed it on a 3rd computer, one that never had the cracked version on it, and it worked flawlessly. So i know its not the program, but my computers (which i already knew, and was a reason i purchased VDJ). I just cant seem to get it to work correctly on them, even after deleting the registry entries. I have lots of other stuff installed on both computers, for work and school, so im not very thrilled about wiping them. However, if i still have problems after v4.0, then i will definetely consider that.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:19 pm
Or you can make a dual boot and another Win XP just for VDJ? That could help and you don't need to delete anything.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 1:14 am
erdiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Definitely try the dual boot, it works great. But also try to get, if you don’t have one already, a better soundcard and leave that as the main output, some kind of soundcard that can take a good beating. Like Superstorm said “make sure (the problem) is not your soundcard.” Just trying to help out.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 5:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)