Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crashing Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using Virtual Dj for about two years now. I reckon that it's a great product. I'm not a professional DJ but I do the occasional gig, which I enjoy immensely.

My problem is this.I recently bought a new computer with really good specifications. I also bought the Traktor Dj Suite thingy which I was dissatisfied with, so I decided to stick with VDJ. Problem is that it doesn't work properly on the new computer. It just sticks after ten minutes or so. Traktor, incidentally, works fine, but even now that I've got rid of that, VDJ still doesn't work.

On the old comp., I had to do a few tweaks to get it to work but the tweaks don't work on the new one. Any ideas on how I solve the problem.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 6:53 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
make sure all ur drivers are updated and also post ur specs and OS it will be easier to help you
does it just hang ? or does it recover from it?

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 6:57 pm
These are the specs, according to my manual. I'm not a complete computer bimbo but much of that means nothing to me.I tried updating my soundcard driver once from Realtek, but I don't think I did it successfully.

The VDJ program just hangs, sometimes stuttering on a bit of a song, until I press Ctrl Alt Del to stop the program. Other times, it's likethe mouse doesn't work. I do hope you can help. And apologies for looking kinda stupid.

Windows XP Home Edition.

Sound Card: RealTek ALC850
Sound Card Outputs: 7.1 line out, coaxial, S/PDIF out
Speakers: Creative T7900 7.1
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
Processor Speed: 2.4GHz
Processor Socket: Socket 939
Level I Cache: 2 x 128KB
Level II Cache: 5 x 512KB
Memory Installed: 2 GB
Memory Type: PC3200
Maximum Memory: 4GB
Motherboard: ECS KN1 SLI Extreme
Motherboard Chipset: nVidia nForce4 SLI
Memory bus speed: 200Mhz
BIOS: PheonixGRAPHICS

Technology: PCI Express (SLI)
Graphics Card: 2 x Inno3D 7900GT 256MB SLI
Graphics Chipset: nVidia GeForce 7900GT SLI
Graphics Memory: 256MB x 2
Graphics/Video Ports: 4 x DVI, S-Video

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 7:15 pm
Great Specs ..did u look for IRQ conflicts? also disable programs from starting up with the pc, and adjust for best performance when u hit ctrl alt delete how much CPU is Virtualdj using? being that its a new pc does it have the latest directx? and nvidia drivers

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 7:28 pm
VDJ is apparently using 23'824kbs.

I've just changed the screen resolution to 1024x768. Everything on the desktop suddenly got a lot smaller.(LOL)Will that make a difference? As for IRQ conflicts, I'm not entirely certain what they are.

The Driver thing is something I have real problems with.In windows 98, you just clicked on update driver and that was it. But with XP, you have to find them for yourself and I find it all rather confusing. I have just now re-attempted a Realtek update, but I think I may have downloaded the wrong thing. To download Direct X orNvidia drivers, perhaps you couldsupply me with a link, if that's not too much of a bother.

When I've tried direct X diagnostic tests, I get the following message at the bottom of the page. 'THe file ALCXWDM.SYS is not digitally signed'. I have tried to fix that but no dice.

Sorry to be a crashing bore.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 7:44 pm

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 7:51 pm
Thanks.

I've downloaded the latest Direct X drivers and am sure I've downloaded the right thing.With Nvidia, I clicked on and am downloading something like the GForce driver. I hope I've selected the correct one.

I had been into system information earlier but it's all just gobbledygook to me. Under conflicts/sharing, there was quite a lot of stuff but as to what it means, I've no idea.

Thanks for your help. I'm very grateful.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 8:15 pm
under conflicts/sharing u can see what devices are using the same irq which can cause problems if ur video is sharing an irq for example
if u have to just uninstall both and let windows reinstall, hopefully with diffrent irq's assigned

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 9:00 pm
georgeludovic

Please go into VDJ's config, click the video tab, and then tick decode when hidden. I believe this will fix your problem. post back to confirm your success please...

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 5:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)