Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: customizing short cuts

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Suppose I wanted to change a default short cut to something that is much easier. How is it done? I went to the configuration settings and thought I could but i had problems. Is there a way to change the play = Esc to something else for example?
I would love to cut the 4096 completely while not having to press ctrl+something. Can that be done as well.

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 2:33 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Yes simply go into the shortcuts and delete the defaults for the ones you wish to change and re-assign to the keys you would like. VDJ is completley customizable and you can create many different combinations. You can also assign more than one shortcut to the same key, with this said the possiblilites are endless.

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 6:35 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I never did it either DJ Homeboy. Going to try it next week just for the heck of it. I have a usb keypad that I would like to assign some keys to. First tonight, going to play with the 2.0 version, just downloaded the upgrade.

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 3:29 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there a possibility to acquire shortcuts.xml file from other users who configured that well ?
May be by mail ...

Clax

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 9:18 pm
thanks that helped. but i did delete "crossfader 4096" and i need it back...
how do i re-establish that?
2nd thing--- how do i create a shortcut for this:
I want to cut the crossfader from left to right or right to left... and at the same time of the cut, start the other song at the same time... I have to do that with hip hop from time to time.
Is there a way to command the shortcut to do just that with just one command? i have tried to do it using the default.. the only problem is that i cant do it simultaneously, it makes me do one, then the other...making it tough and forcing me to use the mouse... i cant keep my hands all over the place--

3- if i wanted to set the crossfader to 4096 to the left with one key -- and the crossfader 4096 to the right with a different key.. how do i do that.. i just want to see if you can give me an example to try it, them I'm sure I can get the hang of it.
Thanks

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 12:23 am
your 3rd point
-4096 will set crossfader to the one side and
4096 to the other

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 1:09 am
Hello everybody,

I am fresh, so sorry for my poor english.
I use vdj2.0 for a month and I have a problem with customizing short cut for samples.

I would like to increase and decrease the level of sound but I can no do that.
On the french forum, nobody seems to have the solution. May be it is a problem of the software.

if some one can help me.

bye
Deun deun

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 3:04 pm
wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
in the panel samples whit the mouse you can do it..

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 5:07 pm
dj kiteman

you can assign several shortcut to one key, and they will work in the order whey are set. For example hitting the letter "Z" will move the crossfader from right to left, AND start song on deck 1.. just add BOTH actions to the letter "Z" in shortcut settings

making a quick change of crossfader all the way to the left, and start play on deck 1.... by hitting one key (Z)
if this is what you are looking for

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 5:21 pm
and now suppose i WANTED TO PLAY THE RIGHT TABLE AND CUT TO THE RIGHT... I HAVE TO USE OTHER COMMANDS...
I CANT USE Z AS THE PLAY BC HOW WILL IT KNOW WHICH DECK TO PLAY?

Posted Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 1:06 am
use a different button, say "X" to make the opposite effect...
turn crossfader all the way to the right AND start deck2

when making the shortcut you can assign what deck to start playing, and what direction to move the crossfader

Posted Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 2:29 am
Also U may want to try using the Auto-Cut v2.0 plug-in to make the cutting effect you want while being free to do your next action.

Posted Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 1:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)