Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: back from short vacation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

well ijust got back last night from a long weekend vacation back home to houston texas. i visited my grandparents who still live inthe same house in north houston very near to were DJ screw started the phenomennow known as chopped and screwedmusic. i went to a local ghetto record shop and picked up some really underground remixes by local djs. and i must say apparently you dont have to have any musical knowledge or a background in arrangement and harmonic chords to make beatsand remixes.. these are the worst excuse for remixes i have ever heard. i mean the acapellas are likc half a beat ahead of the instrumental and the instrumentals are like software cuts where you can still hear the vocals from original track. so i got had andwasted a couple bucks. butt all in all it was nice to get back to my roots and order a hamburger in spangli-bonics.

Posted Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 12:54 pm
I feel for you Gauge. Its great that technology is cheap enough to get it in the hands of the masses, but it is a double-edged sword. Time to get some good remixes out there!

Posted Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 9:43 pm
Well, glad you made it back DJ Gauge. Those remixes you are talking about just goes to show it is really true that anyone can mix. But can that mix master make anyone happy? If a DJ can't even say I like the technique but not the style then it must be a REALLY bad mix. There are styles out there I do not like but I can admire the skill behind the mix. Guess there was no skill behind the ones you heard.

Keep the beat sweet.

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 1:50 am
Welcome back GAUGE.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:10 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
WB ;)

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 11:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)