Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: On top of da game

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wanted 2 know if anyone knew where 2 get da latest Hip Hop tracks. Like get em before they start blastin em on da radio n on tv. i like 2 have mixes made while da song is either fresh or hasn't even been heard yet.

Posted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 10:08 pm
Hey, another lady on the VDJ forum, welcome,
There are several ways to get the latest hip hop tunes:
- Subscribe to a promo service. You will get a cd monthly with the latest songs. You will need to convert them to mp3 to use them in VDJ.
- Get vinyls and convert them to mp3 to use them in VDJ
- Get cds and convert them to mp3 to use them in VDJ.
- Dowload songs from online stores. There are some speciallized for DJ use like beatport. You don't need to convert them, but keep in mind that in most cases the songs are drm protected.
Ewout

Posted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 11:53 pm
If you want them *before* they get on the radio or TV, you need promo copies. (By the time they have hit Promo Only and the other services, they are already all over the place.) In order to get promo copies it helps to be a regular in a decent sized club or on the radio. Get in touch with distributers in your area and they will flood you with stuff. Or the easier way would be to join a record pool. You get a lot of crap, but you also get a lot of good stuff too. Just pay your monthly dues and be flooded with music. Do a search on google for record pools.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 4:55 am
Thanks 4 da advice yall! I'll try looking 4 record pools n see how dat works out.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 4:59 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the simple answer is record pools, search and see that there are some digital pools. few even free.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 5:22 pm
I think you will be interested in this post.
Ewout

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 8:52 pm
I am more than interested, I'm excited! Dis helped me a whole lot! Perfect man, Perfect! Thanks a lot! :D

Posted Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 4:24 am
You're welcome, glad I could help.
Ewout

Posted Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 3:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)