Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BRAND NEW HP LAPTOP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW HP LAPTOP MODEL DV8235 INSIDE IS AN NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD WHEN I CHECK USE HARDWARE ACCELERATION TO GET THE RIGHT TRANSITIONS I WANT IT WORKS BUT VIDEO FREEZES AFTER 5 SECONDS THEN COMES BACK THEN FREEZES AGAIN CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ITS NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7400 HOW DO I GET HARDWARE ACCELERATION TO WORK WHEN UNCHECKED EVERYTHING IS PERFECT BUT CAN'T GET THR RIGHT TRANSITIONS TO WORK

Posted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 2:34 am
PLEASE NEED HELP IS THE NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7400 VIDEO CARD SUPPORTED BY VDJ WHEN USING HARDWARE ACCELERATION UNDER CONFIG IN THE VIDEO TAB THERE IS A BOX SAYS CHECK TO USE HARDWARE ACCELERATION WHEN I CHECK THIS BOX VIDEO FREEZES LAPTOP NEW HP DV8235 PAVILLION

Posted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 8:44 am
Please type in proper case (All caps means you are shouting!)

I have a similar video card in my Sony laptop that also has this problem with hardware acceleration (Software works fine, but is obviously slower.)

If you change the video decoder from the internal video decoder to Windows Media Player decoder (In VDJ config) and then restart VDJ, you should find the video works with hardware acceleration. The downside is the Windows Media Player decoder isn't really designed for this, so scratching the video will produce odd effects.

Posted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 4:18 pm
I have a Toshiba with a Nvidia 7300Go and have exactly the same problem. I believe it has something to do with the cards using their own dedicated RAM (mine has 256mb dedicated) and then using extra RAM from your system. If I load a new file in the other deck the video stops freezing, does this happen with yours? I've found no solution yet.

Posted Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 2:52 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

All N-Vidia Go series aren't the best for a good performance with VDJ. We recommend to pick an ATI X1400 (more common in laptops today) or a full 7900GT or GTX video card in them.

Dev Team is already making some improvements to give more to laptop users.

Posted Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 2:03 am
peppe46Home userMember since 2006
I have the same issue. Any solution yet?

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 8:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)