Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: player randomly stops song with quick break effect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djburnzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Twice now I have had VirtualDJ Pro while in the middle of the song, just randomly break to a stop. both times it's happened were when I was looking away. Its really strange, but I'm hoping to solve it before it happens at a show. My setup includes VDJ 3.4, Dac-3 Controller, external mixer, soundblaster 5.1 :(. I don't know if its something to do with the DAC-3 Mapper and maybe im hittin a sequence of buttons that starts a countdown to breakstop, or if its just a VDJ setting. ANy help would be great. Thanks

Posted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 8:58 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I can't help you with the mapping but maybe it's a keyboard shortcut, or did u leave the effect on?

Posted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 11:36 am
There is no built-in 'brake' feature in the DAC-3 mapper - It will only stop if you press pause/cue or if you perform a backspin with the jogwheel.

If you are using the VDJ brake effect, there is a known problem with this where the effect will trigger again at the same point in another song if you do not allow the effect to finish completely. This may happen if:

* You trigger the effect too near the end of a song, so there is not sufficient time remaining for it to finish.

* You pause the song or press cue before the effect has completely finished.

* You load another song on the deck before the effect has finished.

The brake effect remembers where it was triggered, and will trigger again at the same point in another song on the same deck. This may not happen for several songs if the songs you load afterwards are shorter in length than the one you triggered the brake in.

This problem can also occur with the backspin effect in VDJ too (Not a manual backspin created by spinning the DAC-3 jogwheel.)

Posted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 7:32 pm
djburnzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thats sounds like what it's doing, is there a way to prevent it or clear it out for the next song so when i do break out of a song before nearing the end it wont happen?

Posted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 6:33 am
Presently there's no easy way around this problem (Except triggering the effect with ample time remaining for it to finish.) A suggestion has been made for VDJ to disable all active effects on a deck when a new song is loaded. This would probably solve this problem.

In the meantime, one way to avoid the problem is to simply trigger the effect again after loading the next track - I.e: Load next track, press play, trigger the brake effect and allow it to finish, then cue up the song as normal.

Posted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 4:13 pm
Thanks for this post, I've had a similar issue. When my brake effect is in use on the dry effect side, it sometimes just stops the song. It's a 50/50 chance. If it happens, I have to hit play again on my vms4, quite weird.

Posted Sun 04 Nov 12 @ 10:30 am
Yes happened to me with the demanding crowd last night had to stop songs and change them

Posted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 5:27 pm
A demanding crowd in your home?

Posted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 6:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)