Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: first mic - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

rvd4nowPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 7:50 am
its pretty good in my opinion but i dunno i mix techno house music so not sure but overall it sounded pretty good to me

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 3:45 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
less backspin effect and more seamless transitions

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 12:02 am
Personally my opinion, i would focus more on beatmixing and less on scratching, and I wouldnt use the backspin effect for transition because it doesnt always work, what works for me is, kill bass, and smoothly move the crossfader, or use your own recorded samples, that works for me, e.x. a "whoosh" sample before fading into the beatmixed song....just my opinion...check out my mixes and tell me what you think also www.freewebs.com/djsparkxxxtracksyte

Thanks..overall i think it was good, but always room for improvement :) :)

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 4:12 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hey vdj_reverse... your site activated my firewall for a non-alert spyware... try a new website provider- geocities from yahoo is nice and not as many ads... and just as easy to make.

and something else to host your files- they've expired or something

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 12:14 am
Everyone that went to my site TERRIBLY SORRY my file hosting service is no longer existing so my tracks were deleted, the only one that works is the last one TERRIBLY SORRY

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 5:30 am
MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You really gotta learn to beatmatch. The transitions are bad. They are not matched and it just sounds loose and not really organized at all. Also, dont use the backspin every single time. Do something different. Switch the basses, scratch a new track in, stop the other deck, beatmatch and bring it in slow, just do something a little different to show you have some depth. Anybody can backspin and start a new track, there's nothing to it.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:11 pm

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 2:07 am

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 2:08 am
There basically isn't any beatmatching :O lol

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:45 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
people just gota pratise and pratise and pratise

im still learning all the time :)

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:50 pm
yea its all about practice so many people ask "how do i beatmatch and make a mix" you have to play around with it , seriously it takes a longgg time of practice before you can even begin to learn about mixing theres a whole lot of information on mixing and it takes time to learn it

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:55 pm
i gotta tell u dude that mixes hip hop reall realllllly baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddd sorry for it but man i mix rap andi can actually beat match sorry but thats the truth man gotta learn to put beats together dont scratch so much tho dude please ver bad at scratching sorry onece again but thats the truth by the way use an externial controler i can tell u r not usin an external controler! when u use an external control u can do lots of things! dont backspin at all bad and this is just constrycrive ci critisism!!

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 4:02 am
lol yea i kno its not even close to being a little bit good theres absolutely no professionalism in that mix its "choppy" and its not flowing

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 4:07 am
listen didnt mean anything by dat due just google beat matching and yourll find mmillions and millions of stuff on it just takes lot lots lots pratice i done it for 3 years now and good just a took me bout um like well this much 3 a 3 and i learned ansd and i mstil kl learing man keep doin what ya do and um do u use 3.4? cuz if u do u gotta upgrade to um 41 if u dont have a licents u should have got it on holloween cuz theres a 100 dollar dicount way more fre features than 3.4 but um overall um its good man it just time ;ike i said go tp google or me up back and ill give ya tips and stuff if u want sorry if u tppl took the wrong or southin u know just um practoce oops bad spelling hehe practice um yeh keep doin what u do and hit up tell me if u want [pinters cuz ill give me ta u! i really kinda;ike the middl;e u know the too short song and stuff and the lil j jon song just um pratice practice practice it takes time and lots and lost of pacients to do did dis man i didnt wanna do it but know now i dont dj clubs cuz im only 15 but i do dj for like my my home and i gonna be o a radio station djing so if u wanna listen tio to me dude jus just hit me up aill give u the le link/ make sure u alway always tras train your ear. i think its easer just to train our tather than look at the wave form myself b but um thats just my opemn openian did i my to time? oops sorry! hehehehehe oh yeh anyone hit me up not just him me up with questions bo b bout mixin rap and stuff like that i will give u pointers on how and stuff. by the way im gettin two turntabeles and a mixer. personally i think its better to mix with a tt than um the software buts once again thqats just m my oppenion. b by the when did u start?... sorry for the lengthy post dude just had lot ta say!!!!!!!!! keep dowhatyado bra! one dj toanother itill neve eva end!!! beatmatching that is! and turntanb turntableism! now turntableism is like if your in 1 grade and u jump 1 grade right into universidy! thats how turntableism is!! yo? anyways kee keep da sweet dude! appriciate u loadin yo mix up ta deir ill load mine and see what u think!!

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 5:01 am
guys , its important to always give subjective ballanced feed back

its very easy to critise but its important to remember we are always learning our selves

when giving feedback try to remain positve and focus on the good points and how to boost on them instead of overly critising all of the bad points

upgrading to pro doesnt actualy affect the quality of your mix it just gives you more to playwith

such as more devices and timecode

personaly i would upgrade to pro :)

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 11:13 am
guy with the mix thats not beat matched very good u know who u im talkin abio about hit me up ill give u tips on how to beat mix its easy oence u learn so hit me back on the mix lessons topic if u want tips cuz ill give em ta ya!

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 10:53 pm
wessmith, what kind of style do u DJ? if its rap/reggae do u have any links to mixes where we can see what your talking about? :)

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 11:03 pm
does anybody use aim aol instant mesenger smoothstunna13 is my creename so hit me up dere and ill give u a mixe cuz i dont know how dso to do u use a s= server to upload so just hit me up there smoothstunna13. Note- im gonna gonna add any of u az my buddy cuz i just wanna send u a mix and thats it maybe i will if i wanna but thats mainly what u want right? and o only hit me up if its about how to mix or if u want a mix ok
thanks!

Posted Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 2:59 am
wessmith wrote :
does anybody use aim aol instant mesenger smoothstunna13 is my creename so hit me up dere and ill give u a mixe cuz i dont know how dso to do u use a s= server to upload so just hit me up there smoothstunna13. Note- im gonna gonna add any of u az my buddy cuz i just wanna send u a mix and thats it maybe i will if i wanna but thats mainly what u want right? and o only hit me up if its about how to mix or if u want a mix ok
thanks!

=

Total Evil!

Posted Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 11:27 am
63%