Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mic problems with mk2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi! I have some microphone problems.. It just not working:(
the red lamp shows when I speak but no sound comes out...

it says in the istallationbook that I must enable the talkover option in the main tab of controlpanel but can´t find it..

happy for all help I can get... /kentich

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 12:43 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
well.. open MK2 preferences (controll pannel of MK2) and enable it.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 10:30 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Same problem for me, MK2 mic input doesn't work decent!!!

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 10:01 am
This is strange. Does anybody has working mic with MK2??? :)))))))))) Device is made for support it, so it should work.

Anyway.. read my tutorial of microphones in my blog. There is many possibilities about non working mic. Maybe it is mic which is not correct for that imput at MK2.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 10:03 am
I use mkII and my mic input works fine, I find I need to seriously lower the output volumes of the virtual DJ decks to like half plus enable the "talkover Attenuation" to about -6db because otherwise the mic volume isn`t high enough to be heard clearly even on full volume of the mixer.

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 12:30 pm
Guys try to use mics made for computer. they are very cheap, but i think they should work perfect. So if computer mic works, you will probably need preamplifier for your mic. I have one from behringer, but i don't use it with DJC. It is cheap and it could help.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 1:10 pm
Computer mics in my experiance don't always work on other devices, I once tried using a computer mic on a panasonic mx50 and it just didn't work, yet worked fine in the mic input of my PC;^]

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:51 pm
Like i said before.. there aren't all mics for all inputs. If you try with different microphones, you will find that some of them work and other not. But actually everyone work!

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:56 pm
Hi guys! ty for all anwers. but I cant find the mk2 preferences, I have´t any icon for my mk2 either?

maybe it becuse I get an error when I instaling my mk2 to the usb... It works fine with the VDJ do.

ty!/ kentich

Posted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 1:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)