Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ICDX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bgmagicPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I keep seeing tons of posts telling people to wait for the icdx. What does that have that everyone is craving for. I read the specs, the only thing that concerns me is that it will take the VDJ team a while to add support for it. Whay is it so much better than consoles that are already out there?

Posted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 2:25 pm
yup.. Numark working together with Virtual DJ ... you do the math;)

It will be supported... :)

Posted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 3:00 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Have you seen it yet? google for it you'll love it.

Posted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 5:55 pm
In my opinion it is better than the consoles that are currently available

- You could play cds, cd with mp3 and dvd with mp3. None of the current consoles could do that. This is a nice "backup" solution

- You could hook up a usb memory key or external hard drive for playing from those. In this case you could leave your laptop at home, for smaller gigs

- There are probably better cd players than the Numark (Pioneer cdj1000mk3, Denon 3500), but those can control VDJ only by timecode. Timecode is always a simulation. The iCDX has the abillity to work as a native controller, which will be better than timecode.
Ewout

Posted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 2:52 pm
yes ;)

I can't wait to test it... hope its build good, and works good... :)

For the first time in my life, I might have to let the CDJ800 go... But they are in my heart, so will be a hard battle ;)

Posted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 3:07 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is it possible to use 2 of them to control each of the Virtual DJs decks? I saw a video from the DJ convention with 2 iCDX but it wasn't detailed.

DJ Palamuth

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 9:04 pm
As far as VDJ support is concerned, the tick box is already there and waiting in the remote controllers list in the Version 4.1 setup. Would work straight away I guess.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 9:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)