Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: no sound using hercules mk2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have just received my hercules dj console mk2. Installed all with latest drivers. Everything seems to work, except the sound does not come out of my computer speaker (unless i plug speakers directly into the back of the console).

I have a sound blaster audigy card in my comp, and have been into the sound settings and tweaked and tweaked - no luck.

Anyone else have these issues?

cheers

Posted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 11:03 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you have connected the jack into 1/2 output? Do you have update VDJ to version 3.4? Is wave sound on in the audio control panel?

Posted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 12:29 pm
The only connection I have made is the console to the pc via USB.

I have downloaded the latest version and wave audio is on.

My console also seems to be having the jog wheel problem which i see a lot of other people have had (left wheel responds eratically). So it could be possible i have a faulty unit?

Am i right in asuming that if I do have a sound blaster card with the speakers plugged into it I should still be able to hear the sound from the console/virtual dj, without having to connect the speakers directly into the console

thanks again

Posted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 2:23 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
cornholio27 wrote :
My console also seems to be having the jog wheel problem which i see a lot of other people have had (left wheel responds eratically). So it could be possible i have a faulty unit?

Maybe yes, I think It's good if you go to your shop with the warranty in your hand.

cornholio27 wrote :
Am i right in asuming that if I do have a sound blaster card with the speakers plugged into it I should still be able to hear the sound from the console/virtual dj, without having to connect the speakers directly into the console

You can make this only with the PRO version because all the other sound setup is not available in your home edition, consider the low discount price http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html to enter in the PRO Virtual DJ world.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 2:33 pm
Thankyou cioce.

As i'm just starting I think i'll hold off on the pro upgrade for now (i can deal with plugging in the speakers directly!)

As for the jog wheel problem I guess I'll have to return my console for a new one.

P.S hercules support seems pretty awful

Posted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 2:54 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
im 99.9% sure the hercules isnt designed to only plug in via USB...unless u only want to use it as a controller... but then you'll have to use advanced soundcard settings and configure it to output through your machine's soundcard and only use mk2 for control. since MK2 is a mixer built in, you are supposed to plug it into the speakers (assuming u have it on the mk2 soundcard setting)

DJ k-dar

Posted Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 11:01 pm
Got the sound working now - seems pretty obvious lloking back! Just connected the twin phono output 1/2 to thw line in of sound blaster card.

The left jog wheel is annoying me though. It seems very stiff i.e. only rotates once on a spin, whereas the right one rotates around three times. Is this something i could sort out with a bit of WD40?! or is it definitely a return job?

Posted Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 11:04 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
when i first got mine, both were the same in "stiffness"...but the same problem came up.. right was a lot more lose than left jog wheel

i found myself scratching with the right wheel a lot more... so i focused on moving my scratch tracks to the left deck and scratched with only it for a couple weeks..... they're even in stiffness now. maybe they need to be "broken in".... whatever the case, worked for me- maybe give it a try!

Posted Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 11:29 pm
yeah, i think the stiffness will get better (notice alittle difference already), but the midi problem with the wheel is< i guess< a hardware fault which cannot be fixed with software updates.

I've read in these forums that it could be a dodgey batch of the MK2's, so my only worry is that when I return it I will get sent another from the same batch! should hercules not be doing a recall of these?

Posted Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 4:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)