Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Speed changes while broadcasting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just finished a broadcasting check through Live365.com. I was told by the person listening that at times, my music would would vary in speed, ie: speed up and slow down. Everything sounded fine at my end. I was broadcasting at 64k and then changed to 56 k with the same results (this in mp3pro mode) Does any7one know of a possible cause for this. Live365 says that only Winamp will work with their setup. Could this be true? If I haven't given enough info here, please let me know and I'll try to give as much as I can (know). Thanks in advance.

Mike

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 10:59 pm
I have experienced this before while using shoutcast but i dont have a reason for it! :(

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 1:16 pm
I noticed that there is/was a shoutcast plugin loaded by default in VDJ2 (at least the version I got). My understanding of the braodcasting setup that I am using is that by going through Live 365.com, I don't need a plugin. Just make sure my sound card is setup for "What You Hear". and the Live 365 software will handle the rest. Maybe it was the plugin that was source of my problem. I'll find out today when I try it without the plugin loaded. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Mike

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 4:25 pm
Let me know how it goes!

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 5:09 pm
My speed changes seemed to have disappeared. However, my listners experienced some skipping (Live365 software call it dropouts about 50 of them in 3 hours). As far as I can tell this happened when I dragged a track to load and while it was loading, the kps rate out of my sysytem to the network dropped a bit which appeared to coincide with the skipping. My CPU performance was still above 90% while this was happening and I'm working with 1Gig of RAM. Any ideas come to mind. Thanks for your time on this.

Mike

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 6:49 am
After a lot of testing, I have found that there is no problem with Virtual DJ. I haven't found the source of the problem yet but have ruled out VDJ. Just thought I' let you know.

Mike

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 7:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)