Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video error message

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sorry if this has been asked before,did'nt see it anywhere.
I have been ripping dvd's with Smartripper and so far 2 out of eight work perfectly,the rest will not load and I receive the error message on either deck that I try to load onto.I have also tried the Rip Dvd program and DVD decrypter,no luck.I have tried ripping with My laptop and desktop. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or suggest a better ripping program?
Also any of these vob files will play perfectly with Nero Player or Roxio. Thanks for any help

P@40

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 7:59 pm
If the videos you are ripping are AC-3 encoded (Dobly Digital), VDJ will not play them with the internal decoder. You will need to re-encode the audio portion of the video or use an external decoder. Search the threads, there are a few discussions out there on this matter already.

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 8:05 pm
Thanks for the fast response Derricke,I will check into this.

Anyone know if version 4 will play AC-3 ?

P@40

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 8:37 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
very possible :)

Posted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 8:46 pm
Try with Imtoo dvd ripper it has a lot of formats to rip the videos, the best so far for me is divx even better than vob files and less space, it loads faster and you can give a better performance.

Posted Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 12:30 am
What do you guys think the best route is,should I use an external decoder?If so which one is the best? How do I go about using one? Or should I rip my DVD's with a program that will convert ac3 audio to something that works with VDJ,what is the ripping program of choice that will perform this? I would like to stay with the high quality VOB format. Thanks P@40

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 3:26 am
I use the K-Like codec pack for my rig at work. (Do a google on K-Lite, there are multiple download sites) Before you install it, you must make sure you have no other codec packs installed. (It is pretty good at finding old codec packs, but uninstall manually just to be sure.) The only problems I've run into are that some video have a lag between the audio and the video. Not all of them mind you, so I'm not sure what is causing this. I usually make a note of it and switch back to the internal decoder for that particular video. (If I can.) You will also notice a slight delay before the video starts loading, that is normal don't worry about it. If you have the time though, I suggest resampling the audio. I program that I LOVE is WinAVI. This program is FAST, and allows you to batch process files. www.winavi.com. It is worth the few bucks.

Derrick E.
www.djderricke.com

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 1:24 pm
DJDerricke,thanks again for the info. I will give this a try.I had tried a Nvidia codec trial version,it did allow my VOB's to play but there is a lag between the audio and video. P@40

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 5:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)