Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Samples on v2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm just testing the new version, and as i told before it's really amazing, but (aw s**t) the samples doesn't sound at all, neither new ones nor oldest.....
Anyone can help me?

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 3:58 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
May be you switched to the advanced sound config. In this case, make sure the samples are sent to a valid soundcard.

FRUiT94

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 5:11 pm
Yes, i'm using the advanced soundcard configuration, and they´re switched to the right outputs. but, sadly, they still don't sound

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 5:50 pm
cedricPRO InfinityMember since 2003
same problem ! (I'm using a Maya 44 USB soundcard and an external mixer). The music works but I can't hear the samples.
cedric

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 6:41 pm
Please help us !
I've got 2 parties on saturday and sunday, I need vdj to work !!!
In addition, it appears that everybody is having the same problem...
thanks !
cedric

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 8:48 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No! I don't have any problem !
(are you everybody?)

As Fruit said, check your audio configuration, maybe try the advanced settings.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 9:19 pm
I found that the "all" switch did not work. You had to individually assign each sample and it worked.

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 12:28 am
thanks guy !

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 7:28 am
Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!!!!!!
That was the problem, now after re assign every sample it vorks FINE!!!!!!!!

WONDERFUL!!!!
thank you mate!

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 1:49 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
v2, if I play any sample at the same as a song in any player, the speed of the sample seems to drop by half. I tried every configuration under sounds cards as I could think of. I assigned each of the 12 samples to the valid driver and sound card, but same result. Now I removed v2, did clean reinstall of v 1.08 & 1.09, both those I had no problems with samples,no matter if player going at same time. Don't know what else to do. If I can't solve it, I have to go back to the last version; shame cuz i dig v2 and fruit's latest skin for use with it. the problem happens regardless of what skin. i even did an xp restore to last week in case i changed any settings that may have affected configuration but no help.

i'm sure it's something unique to my setup but kinda frustrating still.

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 10:15 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yo!

Re-install the 2.0 and look at the mini sample menu of each sample, there you can choose to beatlock the sample, or not... If you disable the beatlock your sample will play at the "normal" speed, without any sound distortion...

You can set this for every sample, one by one :-)

:-)

FRUiT94

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 11:36 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Doh! Geez, what a bozo I am. Thanks Fruit, that was almost too easy, you were right, wrks operfect now, thanks again. Really diggin your new 2.o skin.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 10:54 pm
Would even suggest making samples sub-folders...

For example categorized for bmp or style:
- 70-100 BMP
- 100-120 BMP
- 120+ BMP

Or:
- Disco sample
- Pop style sample
- House sample

so that you can easily find samples that fits the music style for the night :) And that could be used with the beatlock function, without to much pitch/stretch

dj in norway

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 2:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)