Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Two separate Programs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Guys,
Just installed VDJ and PCDJ FX on a new laptop. My problem now is that I can't play with both programs!!!! If I play VDJ, I have to install the Gigaport AG drivers!! If I play PCDJ, I have to uninstall the gigaport drivers---too complicated!! Anybody know of a way to have both programs available at all times (not together though)???

By the way, I installed VDJ and had it running BEFORE I installed PCDJ FX--don't know if that matters!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

ED

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 4:58 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Create two seprate disk partitions and install xp on both

and put Vdj on one

and Pcdj fx

on the other partition

then they should both work

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 10:00 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The problem is that PCDJ runs under the WDM driver, and VDJ requires the ASIO driver. One of the bars that I play in runs PCDJ, and I managed to install VDJ on it and still leave PCDJ unaffected. I do this by plugging the soundcard (a Gigaport AG) into a different USB socket for each program. I plugged the Gigaport into socket no.1 and installed the ASIO driver, and it works with VDJ. To go back to PCDJ, I plug it into socket no.2, which I haven't installed the driver on. By default, windows automatically installed the WDM driver, which is required for PCDJ. I always thought that it was a pain in the a$$ that USB devices sometimes have to be plugged into the same socket every time, but now it's turned out to be an advantage!

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 10:12 am
Did you get it to work? I have the same set up as you PCDJ FX and Gigaport and I would love to try VDJ in the same laptop. Thanks

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 5:45 pm
Haven't tried messing with it again in a few days---however, my old laptop has both pcdj and vdj running with no problems!!! I'll try again this weekend!!!

ED

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 1:29 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Don't see why it shouldn't work, I've used the "put the gigaport in a different socket" method on 5 different computers now, it's worked every time....

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 8:48 am
Got it to work!!

Hey Guys,
Got it to work--Had to do a fresh install, but now it works!!!! What I did was uninstall VDJ--had to do it twice, then I rolled back the gigport drivers. Reinstalled VDJ (did it twice) until it didn't give me the "vdj has encountered an error" thingy. Went to the soundcard configuration and changed to the soundcard selection that has three soundcards in the picture. Using this configuration, under the "advanced options tab" I can select either the primary sound driver or gigaport Ag, and it gives me all the options to pick and choose which channels I want to use (i use 3/4 and 5/6).

Also before I did all that, went to my old laptop and checked the settings in control panel under sounds. My settings are "gigaport Ag", but I can select "primary sound driver" as well. And my speaker selection was set to "no speakers".

Anyway, both PCDJ FX and VDJ are now working. I did lose all my Napster file data--songs are there, but the bpm's are not. Everything else transferred properly.

Anybody have any idea how to get those napster file bpms back??? I did transfer the xl file, but that only seemed to transfer all the other files, but not napster. Hope I don't have to rescan, since I have approximately 5000 files there!!!

Anyways, hope this helps!!!

ED

Posted Sun 14 May 06 @ 3:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)