Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A little noirse with VirtualTimecoded Vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi.

I have a timecoded vinyl, a Maya 44 Usb Card and a good Turntable with Ortofon needle.

It works good, but i would like to know if it is normal a little noise that comes directly from the Timecoded viny,when i put the needle on it. Its a bored sound, and permanent. Like " ppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".
Is it normal? Isn´t there any change to remove it?

Please answer me
Thanks people

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 11:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
no thats just the way it is , thats the sound of the needle moving along the vynal

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 11:33 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think u mean the sound u hear if u put ur ear near the turntable. If so, it's normal, it depends of nature of turntable's mechanism. If u put a normal vinyl u will listen the song. Timecode track is made by ripetitive signals for permit vdj to recognize speed and relative song position. the "noise" u listen is that.

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 3:16 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Have you muted the line in for listening mode in the mixer of Windows?

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 6:07 am
But the sound is a little high, if i put the volume of music to low, i heard it very well, what isn´t very good :(
The Turntable is good, it´s a Reloop 5000.

DJCEL: I think i didn´t mute the line in Windows. Why? Is that the reason ?
I´m using a Maya 44 Usb soundcard.

Thanks

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:31 am
I think it isnt about configurations...because i just put the vinyl on the turntable, and the needle on the vinyl, and it´s start that sound...with erverything else turned off. I think its normal to hear some sound, as we hear the music on a normal vinyl. But the problem is that is too loud, and it is boring :(

Isnt there any special needle for TCV ?

Please answer me,
Thanks

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 8:31 pm
It's completely normal although I agree the sound appears very loud, probably because it is a repetitive high frequency. If you're crazy enough, you can try beatmatching two normal records from the hi hats from the sound created by the stylus on the vinyl.

If you find it's so loud that it's annoying and you can't turn up the volume on your monitors, try lessening the counterweight setting.

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 8:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)