Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: automix question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hmm i tend to sometimes leave automix if i decide to drink at a party etc. Though being drunk i can still tell its not mixing very well. So I am wondering if there is any way to drag or move the start and end points of the auto mix to make it sound better... ???? anyone know... thanks

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 9:09 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1st dissable "force fade" in the FAME settings of VDJ.

If you only want good mixes (won't be perfect but still good) only put tracks with a * next to the BPM value in the playlist for automix.

Now if some of the tracks don't have good entry/out automix cues you can edit these when rightclicking on a track and editing the BPM.

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 12:29 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You GOT to be kidding me.......

So you want the automix to work better so you can get drunk while you dj at parties.
You need to rethink that imo, and no i'm not a purist, but it does cast a lasting impression.
And what happens if you have a system problem?
Can you recover from it drunk?

Not to sound like a reformed alcoholic, but since I quit years ago the and benefits far exceed the concequences.

You are the last to leave, and drunk on the roads late at night.
You have to pack up and load out drunk which causes equipment damage etc...
You tend to say things you wouldn't normally say, because the mouth engauges before the brain.
And then there's the "push the wrong button" moment because you are impaired.

I guess thats enough.......I hope you get the point, it's a mistake waiting to happen.

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 3:14 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
thats what the backup cd player with premixed material is for.... if anything fucks up you recover, chuck a cd on who gives a f***. Not like i get paid miracle rates or something

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 3:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)