Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ecler Nuo 4 Mixer - Keeps hiding

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My new Ecler Nuo 4 mixer is a lot of fun to play around with, but I keep having the same problem with the MIDI/USB part of it -- after I use it for a little while, and open and close VDJ a few times, suddenly my computer no longer sees it... Neither control4lab nor VDJ respond to the mixer's MIDI commands, and rebooting the computer does not help.

I've discovered a workaround is to both reboot the computer and reinstall the drivers, then it magically works again. Yay. But then later it disappears again. Pretty annoying. And occasionally during this period where the mixer is plugged in but not being recognized, the computer crashes -- flashes a blue screen with white text, but it disappears to fast to read, and reboots... Anyone have these problems with the mixer? Know how to fix it? Would a firmware upgrade help? Are there newer drivers available on the web?

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution!

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 5:00 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 8:42 am
that link to that thread didn't even cover the topic of a midi problem.

I too have come across that weird situation were the midi just stopped responding and I had to re-install the drivers to get it working again. It isn't a good thing to happen if you are LIVE somewhere. I have a regular weekly video gig now and I depend on the functionality of the Nuo 4 with VDJ and TCV's. If I have to stop what I am doing to re-install drivers.. well lets just say that won't LOOK good.

Is there ANYONE with a solution here?

Posted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 6:37 pm
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Make sure that you plug the Nuo on the same USB port every time, otherwise you have to reinstall the drivers.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 1:40 pm
checked that already...

Don't get me wrong ... I have had great luck with this mixer but there was a few times where it just stopped responding.

Another weird problem I discovered is a sound coming through my soundcard when using one of the knobs for scrolling through my browser to load a song. A small click sound for every song I scroll over ... don't get it..

Would it not have these small issues if it was run DIRECTLY from the MIDI OUT on the mixer into the a MIDI port on the computer?

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 7:59 pm
Hey low-fat-al... Sorry you're having that problem too, but glad to know I'm not the only one :) I never did figure out a solution, but the problem has *pretty much* gone away... By that I mean, it only comes back if I load the "Control4lab" program, and change the way the knobs/buttons work... When I change the configuration like that, I get these random drops, and need to re-install the drivers, *every once in a while* for about a week, then the problem goes away again... Very odd indeed, but for now seems to have stopped.

I've thought about the MIDI connector possibility, and it would probably be better! I think USB is notoriously unreliable -- but I've never had a MIDI IN available to test the idea... If you do, please try it out and report back!

Thanks!

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 7:28 pm
A friend of mine has the midi add-on card for the ESI Maya 44. That is the card I use. I am going to borrow it and test it out and see if I have any issues. But you are right with one thing. It will be solid for a while then out of nowhere... just lose connection and having to re-install drivers to resume communications. Very weird and it is starting to sound like a USB thing.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 10:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)