Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Incorrect length on VBR encoded mp3s

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

adjadjHome userMember since 2004
I notice a few other posts about this, but nobody seems to have a cure/fix, and there seems to be no official response.

I have just downloaded VDJ trial (1.08) and noticed some of my VBR mp3 incorrectly show a length of over 12mins despite all being under 4 mins. This screws up the automix and also makes manual positioning hard as you can only use the 1st 3rd of the scale or you suddenly get silence.

I then tried the Atomixmp3 trial, and all the songs that caused VDJ a problem came up with the correct length, as did winamp.

So what gives? you obviously know how to work with VBR, you did it with Atomix after all!

I was about to buy VDJ, but the lack of response to this problem which has been reported for at least the last 6 months has put my credit card back into my pocket again.

Posted Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 12:54 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
LOL,
I am not sure you really test VDJ correctly :)

Yes it does not display the exact time in a first time.

But once you have played it or analysed it, all is corrected :)

You can find your credit card, VirtualDJ is calling you ;)

Posted Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 3:05 pm
adjadjHome userMember since 2004
Ahhhh, thanks for that... I just thought I could just throw tracks at it like I do with Atomix. After analysing it shows the correct length... Woohoo!

I'm seriously thinking about getting the Hercules unit. It includes Virtual DJ (DJ Console Edition) - Does anyone know how that differs from the normal VDJ? I don't want one of those "Lite" moment, if you know what I mean!

Posted Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 8:31 pm

Posted Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 9:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)