Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cannot get external Sound Source working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RickCasPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,
Going crazy here, have a Stanton turntable with line / phono switch, digital and analog outputs. Full VDJ 1.09. Hercules DJ Console. Cannot get a peep out of my decks putting them through line-in on the DJ Console.
Help appreciated!
Cas

Posted Sat 05 Jun 04 @ 4:44 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It is a feature the DJ Console do not have.

You are able to record the line-in (try with a software like cool edit for example) but it is not possible to route the sound through the DJ Console (as you can do with classical sound card) and listen to it in real time.

Posted Sat 05 Jun 04 @ 5:22 pm
I don't get it. On the Hercules site it says VDJ full does:
"Real-time mixing of an external sound source."
And points to http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.us.html

Think it says "easy mixing of vinyl with mp3" somewhere on the VDJ site as well.

Are you sure ?

Posted Sat 05 Jun 04 @ 5:42 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it is a design problem with the DJ Console. you are using the full version so just use line inputs of another soundcard in your computer and it will work.

Posted Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 3:16 am
Thanks for your help.
I can play through my speakers using line-in of another sound card. Next question is how can I tie that in to VDJ ? I'd like to use the crossfader with an mp3 vs my external sound.

Posted Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 6:39 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you have to select your recording device in the multimedia settings in windows first, this should be line in on whatever soundcard you are using... make sure you mute the same sound source on your play back controlls. this caused some bad sounding music for me. then in vdj in the browser window click on the "desktop" and then "soundcards" and then drag and drop the soundcard to a desk and it will work.
i use this with 2 input feeds and works like a dream with an external mixer...

Posted Tue 08 Jun 04 @ 12:45 am
Thanks for your help DJZero - think I'm getting there but haven't had much time to try it out. Sound cards on the desktop - of course !

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 4:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)