Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: IPOD m4a files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My original source of my songs came from an IMAC ITunes/IPod. I wasn't very successful transfering the songs to VDJ. The only thing I was able to produce were 4 letters titles. I transfered the IPOD to Itunes on my PC using a program called XPlay. I was able to save my songs to my desktop and use some of them in VDJ. A majority of the songs give me an ERROR when I tried to load them on to play.
Any ideas??? Please help!

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 5:10 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 11:40 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi dansenbare,

One thing you must do is rename those files from 4 letters to actual artist-title.mp3.
(Bug defect entered for this)

when VDJ searches from "local database" it uses the it uses the mp3database.txt file, this file only has path and name of mp3.

I recommend using an mp3 tag software to rename files based on mp3 tag info, just hope your files are tagged.

Second though is that those mp3's are not DRM'd (digital rights manager) that means they wont play anywhere that cannot unlock them.

-Hope that helps some, Dj Los.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:24 am
or maybe VDJ 4 has something usefull added ;) who knows... ;)

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 6:22 pm
That'd be cool, the Xbox 360 does a wonderful job of handling connected iPods and playing music from them so if VDJ4 could do it, that'd be awesome.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 6:45 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you're too funny Norway, I like you already and I never even seen what you look like.

-thanks for the heads up.

-Dj Los

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 7:49 pm
hehe.. ;)

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 8:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)