Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recommended Setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I appolgize in advance that this probably is a topic that has been covered plenty of times. I did a quick search but couldn't find what I needed. I have quite a bit of equipment to buy in the next few days. I have a major gig with 500+ at a club coming up next month and wanted to use VDJ. What I have right now is:

Compaq X1000 Laptop 1.3 ghz Centrino with 384 mb RAM
Non-ASIO sound card
Technics 1200s with Ortofon Pros.

I will be mixing hip hop and scratching, so which ASIO card would be the cheapest option. Maya44 USB is increasingly difficult to find in the US under a reasonable price (any one know of places to buy it?). Would Shure M44-7 or M44G carts/needles work well with VDJ? Lastly, how much RAM should I have to have stable mixing and scratching for at least 5+ hours? Thanks!

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 11:40 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Specs are ok, but consider upgrading your ram to 512mb or 1Gb, if you can. Maya44 can be found, search a little more here on the forum (but they don't make it anymore). Oh, and yes, you will need a VDJ full license because your demo will expire till that gig ;) !

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 2:32 pm
Instead of the Maya usb, you could get the Esi U46DJ, which is (besides the Maya usb) the recommended card for VDJ.

Like DJ Alf was saying, an upgrade to 512 or 1 G will be more safe.

The shure 447 will do fine for TCV, but your current Ortofon cartridges will also do fine.
Ewout

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 7:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)