Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ANY HELP WITH THIS FREEZING PROBLEM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi I just recevied my new Laptop from HP they assured me it would play VDJ but they were wrong! Video Freezes up all the time. I guess I should send it back I am very dissapointed. The specs are;
DV800t
intel duo processor 2.0Ghz
256 NVIDA GeForce Go7400
2.0 ddr2 sdram
80 gb 5400 RPM SATA HD

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 8:49 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
well here is the problem with new laptops these day. The manufacturers load them up with alot of garbage. If you hit ctrl+alt+del and go to your processes you should not have more than 30 running on a new machine. Actually if you would do a clean install with XP only it usally ranges from 19-24. I had the same problem with my SONY however, after I blew it away and re-installed, I was all set.
Now if your not comfortable with blowing away the os you con do msconfig from the run command and ommit some programs from starting up when you boot the computer up. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM, or just respond here on the forum.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 9:18 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Computer specs sounds good. Try to optimizing your system (see my blog).

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 10:57 pm
thanks guys funnbonz how do I PM you?

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 11:55 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@Jenhen

To PM a member you must click on the enveloppe below his nickname.

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 12:01 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
some reason I dont see an envelope underneath my name? I didnt really pay attention before, however I have gotten pm from users before. Maybe its not suppose to show an envelope becaue I dont need to pm myself, is this true?

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 9:39 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
exactly :D
if you want to getting msgs from yourself you can write to me and i will reply back to you :)

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 12:06 pm
jenhen, maybe video codecs are buggy in your lappie, try clean install of XP and keep it clean, no inernet, antivirus or such staff and it will work well. Those specs are awesome! VDJ should fly :) !

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:56 am
well it works fine in non hardware mode but no go in hardware mode. I will keep it like this for now. I love this new laptop. I may try to take everything off except the operating system and VDJ and see if that helps so i can use hardware mode.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 9:18 am
Don't worry, you're not the only one. It's not your laptop. I've been trying to solve the problem on and off for months. It seems to happen on Dual Core processors from what I've seen here. I have 256mb of dedicated graphics memory and it still freezes when I do a transition from one video to another. I also have a Go7300 and I can run several media players and video applications on multiple monitors at once with not a problem, one transition in VDJ and the video freezes until I load a song into the non-cued deck. Pain in the ass.

Posted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 6:56 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just bought my laptop yesterday with similar specs specifically for video mixing. HP dual core processor with nvidia geforce 7400 256mb dedicated ram with share upto 512mb. I'll be testing it on my projector tmoro. Hopefully no glitches!!!

If this is a problem with respect to compatibility, I would appreciate if someone from the VDJ team comments so I can return it for another if need be.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 2:21 am
Hey l_rids, how did your configuration work out for you ?????

Posted Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 2:37 am
Heres the verdict... enabling hardware acceleration does not work. It'll crash like a motherf'er all the time otherwise. It seems to run ok without it enabled, however it seems dependant on what skin I'm using. I still haven't tested it fully enough. I think there may be a clash between my desktop resolution and what I use with the skins.

Basically I hate the feeling that it may crash at anytime so I havent used it at my gigs yet. IMO the video features of vdj are still sensitive atm. Looking forward to v4.0 for more stability with video mixing!

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 1:16 am
I have a Nvideo GeForce Go (Can't remember which model number off-hand) in my Sony Viao laptop and this does not work with the internal video decoder when hardware acceleration is enabled. It used to work OK in the first versions of VDJ with video, but stopped working when the internal video decoder was improved for efficiency/scratching. The video plays for a few seconds and then freezes. Although the video freezes, it doesn't cause VDJ to crash. The audio continues to work OK and behaves as though an audio file is loaded.

It works perfectly with hardware acceleration when the video decoder is changed to Windows Media Player, but with the downside that scratching the video causes odd stuttering effects (Probably because the Windows Media Player decoder wasn't designed with this in mind.)

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 12:04 pm
I'm having this exact problem on my new laptop. Video was working fine in previous version but no longer since the updates. Is there an alternative decoder we can install to fix this?

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:07 am
I haven't gotten any response about this problem either (I have it on all three of the computers I have tried using, all up to date or very good processors, 2gig ram, ggod video cards) although i have posted about it in tech support thread (where I assume I am supposed to get answers when asking about real problems) and I have also gotten no response when I posted about it in this thread.........I have also seen MANY posts about this problem from dozens of users and no one seems to be getting a response from Tech Support or Dev Team (and then the wonder why we get frustrated and sometimes rip the software)...............I can only hope someone is working on a fix for this in a dark corner of the programmers lounge silently and relentlessly and that is why there is no time for a response.....Okay, I just upgraded video card in my home computer to a Nvidai Gforce FX 5500 with 256 megs (agp 8x) and this didn't help one bit..........I guess I just need to keep using 3.4 until there is another upgrade to solve this, what a shame the sound on 4.0 is so much improved but with the video regressing I just can't use it and it sounds like most of us can't either

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:26 am
I noticed in 3.4 that only 3 of the transitions work WITHOUT hardware accel enabled. Fade, Window & slide. This is the closest I can get to being fully operational with respect to video mixing.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)