Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya 44 USB and Gigaport AG USB soundcards

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok.. I've done some looking around for Maya 44's and they're getting really hard to find, and I'm on a budget. I looked at froogle, all the results with the cards under $120 or so were out of stock. I looked around some more and found the Gigaport AG. They look almost exactly alike, so I figured it would work.

This is my question : Does anyone know if the Gigaport AG USB soundcard is just as compatible with VirtualDJ as the Maya 44 USB?

Thanks for your time.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 3:43 am
Another problem that I'm I think I might be running into: The configuration with the whole ASIO drivers and another soundcard supporting RCA jacks... I was looking through the tutorial on the ASIO configuration on this website, and it says it requires the mixer to have three channels. Mine is cheap and has 2 inputs and 1 output.. Is there any way to get this to work at all? Please help me with this one.

Thankyou.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 4:22 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 3:47 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Either the Gigaport or Maya will work fine with vdj, it just depends on how you want to use it. The Gigaport gives you a total of 8 outputs - 4 obviously are needed for the left/right outputs of the two decks. The rest, if you wish, could be assigned to extra preview outputs, or dedicated sampler outputs. I use a Gigaport myself, and use an extra pair of channels as a sampler out to the 3rd channel on my mixer.

The Maya on the other hand gives you 4 audio inputs and 4 outputs. The inputs are vital if you intend to use timecode vinyl, although the 4 outputs means that the sampler would have to share it's output with the decks. Maybe the u46dj (is this the right model number? somebody correct me if i'm wrong!) would be a better bet - it gives three pairs of stereo outputs, along with the two pairs of inputs for the vinyl.

So basically, if you don't intend to use timecode vinyl, grab a Gigaport, otherwise, get a Maya, or if you can afford it, the u46dj... Your 2 channel mixer will do the job, but as i said earlier, that 3rd channel does come in handy if your soundcard has the extra outputs for the sampler... hope this helps!

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 4:58 pm
Yeah - that helped a lot. Thanks for clearing up my problems. It just got me worried on how it said in the manual on the vdj page that you needed a 3 channel mixer and 2 soundcards... sounded really wierd.

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 1:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)