Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Automatic volume changer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey does anyone know of any hardware or software that will automatically change the volume of the songs on a timed schedule,

why i ask this is because i have been asked to do the setup for a lounge and the manager doesn't want any of the regular staff touching stuff and so he asked me if when a d.j. is not there if it is possible to have the volume automaticall turn up when it gets to 6 pm in the evening and automaticall lower itself in the early morning hours

please help me soon
d.j. squeeze eye

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 5:41 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This could be possible in a plugin, using the master sound level and the time.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 1:52 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
or a remote controlled soundcard. but thats another cost.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 4:32 pm
CAN ANYONE ELSE HELP ALSO

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 5:14 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you're any good at soldering and electrical stuff, I could draw you a simple circuit that would do it using a standard plug-in timeswitch.

You use the timeswitch to trigger a 240v relay. The relay contacts could then be used to switch in either a fixed resistor or potentiometer into the master stereo output from your audio source. Components needed - a small project box, a 240v DPDC relay, a potentiometer (i would suggest 10K linear), some wire, and a domestic timeswitch. Let me know if you want to know any more!

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 5:37 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
^^ im sure you helped him.. lol

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 5:58 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
show your boss the volume nob and im sure he can figure it out.................................

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)