Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Possible On Mac! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

skyfxl wrote :
hehe nice

mac to expensive for me lol

Yeah. I understand.

But Apple will NEVER go into the BARGAIN price market that is killing Dell and all other windows pc manufacturers' profits. They don't have to and they've always known it. That's as ridiculous as expecting Mercedes to lower itself into competing with Ford. They don't have to and it's never gonna happen. There's room for both, and there's always gonna be a LOT more Fords on the streets than Mercedes, but Mercedes doesn't wish it could be Ford (of course they would like Ford's numbers, but not if it means sacrificing it's reputation for qulity). Ford wishes it could have Mercedes reputation though.

Apple for many years DID overprice it's Macs, WAS to proprietary, and DIDN'T have as many software titles. ALL of those PAST issues are no longer true TODAY though.

- Mac's cost the same [often times less] than COMPARABLY EQUIPPED windows pc's.
- Apple uses the same hardware [now even the processors] as windows pc's - external peripherals are all universal USB, Firewire, DVI, etc.
- Software? MACS HAVE MORE! You can now run ALL windows applications PLUS Mac only programs like industry standard [and Apple developed] Final Cut Studio http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/ and MANY other MAC ONLY titles.

Where they've all cut eachothers throats price-wise, they're all trying to get out of that mess. That's why Dell bought Alienware, to get back in the higher end hardware market where there's profit to be made.

Apple DOES compete in the middle and high end markets though. It's been proven time and time again that a COMPARABLY equipped windows computer (meaning all the high quality, user friendly software that comes with ALL Macs) will cost MORE than a Mac because windows users have to go out and BUY all of that "comparable" software, along with preventitive and utility software just to MAINTAIN a typical windows computer with an average life span of ONLY 2 years, as opposed to the 4-6 years that a Mac will last you and work reliably the entire time more often than not.

Yes, windows pc's sell 3x more often than Macs, because they only last 1/3rd or 1/2 the time that a Mac will. 6 years = 1 Mac or 2-3 windows pc's.

It's all about TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), NOT introductory price point, that so many windows users have gotten suckered into for so many years.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 2:22 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I mean.. it will be probably till christmas, but not sure.
I have iBook 12" and want to try VDJ on it ;)

i have iMac intel too and if it will work ok i will buy macbook pro in 1 year.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:57 pm
xeon wrote :
I mean.. it will be probably till christmas, but not sure.
I have iBook 12" and want to try VDJ on it ;)

i have iMac intel too and if it will work ok i will buy macbook pro in 1 year.

Ok. You'll DEFINATELY enjoy the MacBook Pro in a year with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard on it and 64-bit processors. =)

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 10:00 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'll change to MBP as soon as 10.5 is out. january?! hope so...

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 10:14 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I just hope before vista ;)

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 10:22 pm
Hmm,as a professional in production ,djing and design I would say that anybody that complains about windows is not exactly knowledgable.
It all comes down to 2 things ,the software and the hardware it runs on:

Apple has it easier since they do it with a locked specific design of hardware which is customized for OSX (which is the same resource hog as the windows if not more) and locked limited peripheral and software amount.

Microsoft has its way tuff since they support most of the hardware out there as well as software for legacy support,you see if legacy support would be dropped... MS would leave Apple in the dust but,its impossible since unlike Apple which is targeted for home users(pro but at home) MS gets the bulk of their money from the corporate users which do need the backwards compatibility and actually strongly require it.
In addition to that ,any cutting edge stuff is always first developed for MS just because its spread wider and the hardware support is way better.

So for the end, if you want cutting edge and dont want to sell your car and soul for it get a Windows pc from good brand (for the quality hardware/software support) and use only the recommended tested and approved by manufacturer hardware/software and quit bitching about mac.
If you do have the cash to afford and dont care to be locked down heavily and rely on the mood swings of ms Jobs, then by all means go mac and never come back.

Cheers

Posted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 6:10 am
MR ConQuest all u come here and do is talk about mac this is VDJ forum thank you very much,and let me tell you something is mac that is trying to keep up with microsoft.PC is now in 64bit so are you a DJ ? or a mac rep on this forum ?,i'll like u do some more dj talking here we are all happy with our pc we don't have much money for mac,i can get a very good pc to run VDJ for $200 if you see a mac for this price let me.mac will never over take a microsoft run pc MS would leave Apple in the dust.

Posted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 7:06 am
Hello
I have a problem.
I bought a Mac Pro. I put Virtual DJ on IT.
System seems to run effortlessly, but I cant get video out to my video mixer.
I have bought every adapter Mac makes NO GO!
I think Iv narrowed it down to a digital to analog signal conversion problem.
- but I bought a $300 converter box from Apple store and Still NO GO!

Been working the problem for a while now and Im not getting anywhere.
About to take Mac back and get a Super PC with my $3000 plus.

Any Help would be greatly Appreciated!

Thanks
Joey

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 3:54 pm
bucksbar2002 wrote :
Hello
I have a problem.
I bought a Mac Pro. I put Virtual DJ on IT.
System seems to run effortlessly, but I cant get video out to my video mixer.
I have bought every adapter Mac makes NO GO!
I think Iv narrowed it down to a digital to analog signal conversion problem.
- but I bought a $300 converter box from Apple store and Still NO GO!

Been working the problem for a while now and Im not getting anywhere.
About to take Mac back and get a Super PC with my $3000 plus.

Any Help would be greatly Appreciated!

Thanks
Joey

Firstly, why have you gone back to 2006 to find a topic about running VDJ on a mac, when you need help with connecting your MAC to an external screen.

I use a PC, but that shuould not be any different for you, Id advise check your connectors on your video mixer.
if you need composite, then check your mac for a matching connection.
if your mac has s-video output, then you need just a lead with svideo on one end and a phono on the other.
however, if your mac has a VGA/DVI/HDMI output only, then you will need a converter.

I dont believe that your MAC has its own brand of video output, the above examples are the mainstream, and you should be able to get accessories from anywhere on the internet.

Also, i remember that the MAC Mini has only ONE video output, used for the main monitor, and 2nd video out is not possible on this unit.
If you tell me your model No, i'll do some more research...

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 4:20 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Moved to mac forum

rick

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 4:22 pm
I am a Mac user and have had no problems setting up my external displays. I have only test it on 1 TV at present but it was easy.

I have a Macbook Pro 2008 model (Aluminium) and i purchased a Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter. I plugged in the adapter and the screen flickered (this is normal) - i then plugged a VGA cable into the adapter and then into a Sony LCD TV. My desktop background was immediately displayed on the TV.

Then in VDJ i went into Config---->Video. I then looked in the drop down menu and i had an option of SonyTV - selected it and activated and all was good!!

Hope that helps.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 5:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)