Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: recording mixes from external mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi there -
can anyone recommend a recording programme to use ? tried audacity but it won't work when i try to record from an external mixer to the computer line in ... any ideas ?

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:23 pm
Professional Virtual Dj already have that feature........=S

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 4:35 am
This is TRUE, and I use it to record every show.

Can be recorded to CD as a BIN, can be recorded to a wav or mp3 with whatever compression you want ALL included.

I simply take the TAPE OUT on my mixing board (or you could split your main outs if that's all you have) and plug it into my computers "LINE IN" then I set up VDJ to record while the show is playing.

I mostly do Karaoke, so I'm really recording the FOH mix.

It COULD be a nice side business to offer customers (in this karaoke setting) copies of themselves singing, but beware, some would consider this to be illegal and it may show kj's how attentive they are to their singers and shows.

I use it for my future destiny. If I should pass away young, I want my parents, and sisters to have copies of these tapes if they want them, to remember me by.

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 12:19 pm
does the slider from the line in of the pc have to be all the way up?

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 11:51 pm
Depends on your sound card... I'd start at 75% test and listen to the resulting file. 100% may be too much and you might get spikes... my card has COMPRESSION on the LINE in and this helps balance things out.

MAKE SURE, it is LINE IN, not MIC... two different beasts.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 7:24 am
you can mix your sessions using adobe audition program it's easy and very powerfull just conect the line out of your mixer then select the line in of your sound card and press record in adobe audition. best regards.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 9:57 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Buy a stand alone DVD recorder. Most come with hard drive's in them. Then you would also be able to record sound and video !!!

There's even such things that can record from any video source straight to MPEG-4 like the Neuros MPEG-4 Video Recorder-2. $149.99
http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=946

V-Stream Xpert USB2.0 DVD Maker £22.98
http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=492

or even the
H&B TX-100 MPEG-4 USB Encoder £39.99
http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=623

I currently use #1 DVD ripper to make .avi 3ivX files for Virtual DJ. But #1 DVD ripper has a volume controll you have to set manually so for some video's it's too quiet and other's it's too loud and distorted.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 11:52 pm
yes, I also use No 1 dvd ripper, it's very easy to use, it ripps the chapters onto the format you want directlly(divx,mpg1,mpg2), I used to rip my dvd using dvd decrypter and then I converted to divx or mpg with another program (ashampoo movie shrink) that is also good. But after discovering No1 dvd ripper I avoided these 2 steps.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)