Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with DJ Console

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello. I have been using Virtual DJ along with the Hercules DJ Console. My laptop is an HP Pavillion ze5000 with 1 2.4 Ghz processor and 1 GB of RAM. I am running Windows XP. When using the system to DJ, I disable Norton Anti-Virus software and any other unnecessary applications.

One problem I have is the pitch control on one player moves whenever I turn the volume knob up or down. I have messed with the invert pitch/volume, which does not correct the problem.

Also, there are times when I have the microphone on while talking and I try to fade the music out. I can't turn the volume of the music down all the way and the music that comes through the system is very bad sounding.

Finally, the microphone sound quality is bad. It is definitely not the mic, as the same mic sounds great on other systems.

I really want to use this system full time but can't afford to be doing a wedding and have the system not working properly. I know the problem isn't my pc because I have more than what is needed to run your software.

Please help!
Eddie Freitas, registered user

Posted Tue 25 May 04 @ 4:40 pm
Hi there....
I use hercules too, and have never had the problems above.
So, not sure what it can be.

When it comes to microphone (although not tested) it must be because the mic goes right into the console, WITHOUT any adjustment for bass, treble, high etc. Things that u get on a DJ mixer....

Maybe the microphone thing can be solved with a plugin, that can make u adjust a few things when it comes to microphone.. like reverb, chorus, bass etc. Or if VDJ would support directx plugins (my dream...)....

U can post a request for a plugin or future support, in plugin forum or new feature forum...

I really thing that the microphone should be good, because a lot of the djs here are "small time" djs, and therefore plays at pubs, weddings etc where a good microphone sound would be great, even if just plugged into Hercules console...

Dj In Norway

Posted Wed 26 May 04 @ 2:25 pm
I think if virtualdj support DirectX or VST plug-ins it will be on the full version, not on the DJconsole version.

Posted Wed 26 May 04 @ 3:49 pm
Well, as u can see, eman1966 is a FULL Vdj user....
So any 3rd party plugin would be available for him

dj in norway

Posted Wed 26 May 04 @ 9:04 pm
this message is for you : dj-in-norway

Always asking about something news, better midi mapper, better this, better that, but you only have a free version give with the dj console, when did you buy the full version for enjoy all the new thing you want ??

Posted Wed 26 May 04 @ 9:27 pm
this message is for u : Marius le malin

Got a problem?????

I really do think the VDJ team likes all tips, feedback and request for new feature, improvements etc ...
If u have a problem with that, well... I really don’t care!

I have Hercules + VDJ console version, and its really my prerogative to test it and play with it as long as I like before I decide to buy or not! That’s why its even a demo (trial) version out, to let people try, and decide...
And that’s what I am doing. If u have a problem with that, why don’t you buy it yourself? I don’t care what u do, and I don’t ask you why not... because its your personal choice..

And as of asking for new features, like midi support etc, I really do think VDJ team likes all feedback from its users - tips & requests - so that they can continue make VDJ better.

I really love VDJ, and as I have said before.. already decided to buy VDJ Pro.. But as you might know, VDJ Pro is NOT available yet. But will be soon...

Until then, I'm getting familiar with the console version and enjoying it. I don’t need anything more, because I only use VDJ with my console.... But will use VDJ at gigs in the future maybe, when XP10 is out. Then of course, I'll but it.

Until then, I give VDJ team constructive feedback, tips, ask for future features I would love to see and so on! And I believe in my hear that VDJ team like all feedback... from all kind of users..

Only one who has a problem with that, obviously, is you... But do I care? NO... hehe...

I'll continue to try console VDJ, give feedback, help out at forum, etc...

So Marius le malin, get a life... If u dont like people trying out VDJ, demo or console version, u got a problem, and why the h**l are u using Ejay version? its the same as console version, it's not full..

so... Marius le malin... can't understand why u are bothered ...

whatever,
dj in norway

Posted Wed 26 May 04 @ 9:56 pm
dj in norway

Ok Marius and you have a different point of view but, he does not insult and does not use vulgarity to you, please use the same way.

Posted Thu 27 May 04 @ 9:07 am
Hi Eman,

For your other problems, I don't know, but for the microphone, try with a low cost/low impedance microphone (typically a ciomputer microphone) instead of a hi-fi microphone.
DJ Console is powered via the USB bus power (at 5v), which is not sufficient to polarize a 600 Ohms microphone (it would require 12v), but OK for 250 Ohms and lower impedance microphones.

Good luck

Made In Breizh
http://frmdjconsole.jexiste.fr/

Posted Thu 27 May 04 @ 10:40 am
Dear Dj Morris...

The thing with Marius is that he has posted this and more questions, having a bad attitude towards me, at many posts..

And I have aswered his question politely 1-2 times before.
So its kinda strange that he always keeps asking, always post bad comments etc.

But, as u said, sorry if I was a bit hard on him, just thought this forum was about VDJ and its great features... And not about me ;) lol... So don't get why he keeps bugging about me. But still, will keep having good conversations with Fruit, Cyder and the other nice guys here... and try to not get aroused once more if Marius drops the same question agian (and again...lol)

So - sorry, for beeing hard on him .. had a bad day, my time of the month or something :) but happy as a bird now :)

so, as always, all of my love,
dj in norway

Posted Thu 27 May 04 @ 1:21 pm
Ok ok

I beg your pardon if you think that him always against you, but since I read this forum, i can see lot of people ask for new thing and 1 or 2 week after they are discover as hacker or lamer, that why i'm littel bit agressive.

You have some good idea, but , for me the ways how works vdj is simple, and with more and more and more option, VDJ could be tracktorised, and i don't that the good way because people ask for simple thing, and that why VDJ had a lot of succes.

Posted Fri 28 May 04 @ 1:35 pm
Oki.. :)

But just remember that many of the demo/no-licence users are acutally HERCULES CONSOLE USER, who have bought a Hercules console AND a spesial version of VDJ.

It's just the same as you have, you have bought a spesial version of VDJ (Ejay Mixstation).

So - we both have a spesial version of VDJ - and none of us two have the full version.

The thing is that I WORK as a DJ, and therefore want a program that is advanced and profesional. But I can also understand your argument about "keeping it simple".

But if midi or other suff where added to the program, it would still be "simple" for you. Because you only use the functions that you need, so the program would only be better for more users. And you use a skin that fits your needs. Some skins are basic and simple, others are advanced and more profesionall.

So - by adding features and improving, VDJ only gets better, but by now way sacrificing "simple". Because it is a USER choise what features to use or not, and can even "hide" features that you dont need, by using a more basic skin.

And - no worries.... friends now? ;) hehe

love,
dj in norway

Posted Fri 28 May 04 @ 2:38 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i totally agree...

Posted Sun 30 May 04 @ 1:16 pm
Thanx for the support djzero :)

Posted Sun 30 May 04 @ 1:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)