Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV USER WHO NEEDS HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, I'm a mobile DJ who began my career with VDJ. Now I have acquired turntables and use the TCV's, however, I'm a novice to how exactly I should set up my equipment. I have a Inspiron 8500, 2.4ghz, 512 MB RAM with a pentium 4 processor. I use a MAYA44 soundcard. I'm not sure exactly how or what to change on the ASIO settings. If anyone can guide me I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Posted Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 5:17 am
ok jzafra, I hope you connected your maya just right.
make sure you installed the drivers and maybe an update from the audiotrak website.
anyway when you open vdj choose config

Posted Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 6:32 am
I hope Ihelped you a little bit

Posted Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 6:32 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 3:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think "512 MB RAM" is maybe too low for TCV: better to have 1024MB to my mind (to be sure)

Posted Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 10:55 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
maybe if your doing video or large songs (over 10 mins each) because i have used 512 in the past with no ill effects as a result. but recently VDJ has started glitching when i start to load a song on the other deck as one is playing out. it sucks and it only does it sometimes but i stil would like VDJ to simply load slower instead of glitching. It shoudl be well enough made so that the sond output is not compromised by loading a song etc.

Posted Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 12:55 am
jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah, that's happen to me too. Hey djej thank you so much, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thankfully my LABTOP has been very good to me and I have no problem with the TCV's now. This is a bit out of the topic but the one problem I have had that I fear while doing a job is when I load songs that haven't been id taged by vdj and in the process of reading the song it makes the song playing skip. I have a total of 114mb of mp3's so from time to time I load new songs and that's when I have the problem. Is there any way that maybe I could change the settings, b/c sometimes in the process of doing that it has crashed and completely shut down. Another issue now that I'm here is the sound quality after I've been using the program for a long number of hours at one time. The sound begins to distort and I have to close the program and open it again to fix the problem. Any suggestions, since I'm just learning. Thank you once again.

Posted Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 8:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)