Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Previously PLayed songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have had songs that were played before bu last night when I went to play a couple, they appeared with the yellow dot. Not analyzed, and comments gone. This happened to me a couple times before, I rescanned and they were okay. This did not work last night. Also I noticed that when I did a search, it came up empty. This is for songs I know I have and have played before. Anyone else have this problem? Any quick fixes or suggestions?

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 7:06 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Delete disks in your Database (right click on Local Database) and then do a quickscan, this could solve the problem.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 8:09 pm
lej
I did a scan and it didn't help.
When you say delete disks, what do you mean? I don't have any disks in the cd drive if that's what you are saying. Also quickscan, is that the same as a scan?

Posted Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 10:31 pm
When you rightclic on Local Database, you have an option to delete a disk.

Then you can scan a disk.

A quickscan is a scan without checking the box for advanced scan (finding BPM and automix cues).

Posted Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 11:17 pm
When you say delete a disk, is this the same as "delete a drive"? Does this just remove the drive from VDJ's sight? Then you want him to rescan this drive? What does this process do? Can you explain?

Posted Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 11:00 pm
Yes that's it A Man and His Music (quite long to write your nick ;) )

As i'm using a french version of VDJ i mis-translated the word and said disk instead of drive.

This just takes out the drive from the file mp3database.txt which is a text list of all mp3s scanned on the computer.

When rescanning the drive it just puts the filenames back into mp3database.txt

Posted Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 11:26 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
maybe the file is on a different hard drive and its not being scanned.

or maybe u drag and dropped it from Windows to play it instead of pulling it from VDJ.

not that ur retarded or anything not to know this. im just saying.

Posted Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 1:02 am
vpcdj
Nope. incorrect on all suggestions

Posted Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 11:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)