Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PO DVD audio quality

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm ripping Promo Only Hot Video series using no 1 DVD Ripper, and am having issues with audio quality.

I am ripping the file as MPEG2 and have the audio set to 256K, but some files sound as though they are clipping when played. Kinda distorted, ya know? I have "0db" selected in the ripping process too. A 160K mp3 file will often sound better than the 256K PO video file. Obviously all mixer settings are the same when testing different files.

Any ideas?

Posted Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 6:47 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 9:04 pm
I'll give it a try with the next rip. Just saw your post, thank you. I'm actually not sure that it isn't a setting I have messed up. Some files, that I know sound great, will sometimes sound like crap in the right deck only.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 8:28 pm
Most dvd's are encoded at 48kHz. VDJ only handles 44kHz correctly at this moment. Wait until next week, this problem is probably solved in v4.
Ewout

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 9:51 pm
Superstom wrote :
Most dvd's are encoded at 48kHz. VDJ only handles 44kHz correctly at this moment. Wait until next week, this problem is probably solved in v4.
Ewout

;)

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 9:53 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
we hope, i cant wait to see whats fixed and what isnt

its nice to get excited about all the things that will work much better in 4.0 but they cant please everyone, 'wait for 4.0' has been one of the most used phrases on the forums as of late but they cant possibly have fixed everything that anyone ever asked for

gonna swap my memory from this computer to my DJ rig so i can get it to go faster! think i can live with games being slower on this one if it makes VDJ 4 run better on the DJ rig! one thing thats on my mind is that the new programs bells and whistles may be a bit hungry

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 1:55 am
@brian_filgg

Try using imtoo dvd ripper, is much better than No 1 dvd ripper, I used that software before and I had that kind of problem.

www.imtoo.com
Manquin DJ

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 2:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)