Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Source code

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj_uubHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

Why in the source code download section, home users are not allowed to download any of the sources altthough in the plugins section, we can download compiled effects.

I like to program plugins, but i need some good examples first. The problem is that i program in Pascal (Delphi), and i need to analyse some c code in order to be able to implement it in pascal.

by the way, is there any translated header for Delphi?

thanks

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 5:00 pm
Hi dj_vvb
To dowload source code, you must be identified as experienced level or more.
That's why you can not do it....
;-)

But you can dowload 2 very good one :flanger and brake.
Have fun !!!

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 6:40 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can imagine the time spent to make the plugins so the authors are already nice to share their source code ;-)

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 8:30 pm
dj_uubHome userMember since 2006
That's right djcel.
I'll be programing my own plugins very soon, and source code will be published as soon as it goto beta stage, that way, ppl wil get to see,learn, examin, improve and help me debug my code.

That's why i asked for the source at the first place ;).

Posted Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 11:03 am
I think we have written all the tips you need in the important posts just above but if you have a question about something, feel free to ask.

I really advise you C or C++ language for your plugin: question of speed execution and i can't help you with delphi ;-)

And of course there is more help (a simple and free example too) on this plugins forum for professional edition user

Posted Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 3:23 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I AM A C+++ PROGRAMMER, SO WHY DON'T YOU LET ME KNOW THE SOURCE CODE OF OTHERS' EFFECTS??? IT'S LIKE KICKING ME OFF FROM A SCHOOL!!! YOU ARE LOSING ONE GREAT PLUGIN PROGRAMMER THIS WAY!!!

LINUX FOREVER!!!
GNU FOREVER!!!
FSF FOREVER!!!

I'LL NEVER PAY €120 JUST TO SAY: "HAY, THIS IS THE INSTRUCTION TO DO WHAT I THOUGHT", NEVER!!! DO YOU HEAR ME???

SO PLEASE: THERE ARE TWO CONDITIONS (FIRST XOR SECOND)
1) YOU PUBLISH A GREAT MANUAL
2) I ASK TO OTHER PEOPLE TO GIVE ME THEIR SOURCE CODE

DO YOU THINK JUST ABOUT YOUR MONEY??? THAT SUCKS!!! WHY SHOULDN'T AN EXPERIECNED *PROGRAMMER* TO KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM SOMETHING, AND BE GOOD FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY, WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR SHITTY PLUGINS AND YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE THOUSAND PEOPLE WHO CAN DO MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER???

ARE WE A COMMUNITY??? LET US BE A COMMUNITY!!! ONE HAND HELPS OTHER ONES!!!

Posted Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 10:15 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 11:53 pm
@TexZK

Please don't use capslock first and i earn no money by releasing freely my source code and the other ones too !!!

Posted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 12:05 am
@TexZK:

My point of view: I am not a C++ programmer. Nethertheless, I made some sound effects because I like it simply.

I learnt according to djcel's, clax' and kaleo's help and advices.
I didn't know them one year ago. I met them through the communauty forum.

Of course, I spent a lot of time to understand on the one hand C langague, on the other hand the structure of plugin code, because as I said, I am not a C++ programmer.

I do not agree with you. Here, the community exists. You can trust their members.

So, I understand you are C++ programmer. In an other post, I asked for any explanation about brake effect (everybody can download the source code easily). Nobody seems not to be able to answer my request.
If you can help me, it would be very great ;-)

hope to read you soon in the other post !

Posted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 12:30 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well, I am NOT "programmer" (I'm just studying in an Italian high school, and I'm 18), but I can lear much by reading others' source codes. I've become who I am now by reading others' programs, like Wolfenstein 3D. So, if you publish your code, you won't earn money, but you let toher people know how you did something!!! Did you learn how to be a DJ by yourself, or you got help fron others (the first times)?

PS: I'll look at the brake code soon!

Posted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 3:37 pm
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think we need a seperate forum for 18 year old's. lol

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 11:31 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
man im in this plug-in forum for the first time and yall are some angry shouting nerds. lol. geez

Posted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 10:20 pm
koveeHome userMember since 2006
aha

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 11:18 pm

I am very interested in using the effect that will move my crossfader as I scratch (Auto Scratch). Do I have to compile this file Scratch_Forward Scratch.c before I can do that. Is there someone out there who already have it compiled.

Please Help!!!

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 3:42 pm
I know I'm late to the party, but has there been any source code made available since 2006? Please? I don't even know where to start!

Posted Sat 15 Feb 14 @ 10:12 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Source code is only available if the plugin dev chooses to make it available and it is not universally available either - as above you must have made it to experienced pro or above.

This is a *really* old topic!

Posted Sun 16 Feb 14 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)