Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: please help me broadcasting problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jib90Home userMember since 2005
right so i am using virtual dj, dj console mk2 edition and i want to broadcast to my friends so i am using the default lame_enc.dll plugin and i have set me router to tht 8000 thing and done everything that other people have said in other topics. i can listen to my self via windows media player or winamp but none of my friends can listen to me if any body could help my i would be very gratefull.

cheers in advance
Jib.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 12:16 pm
zub2006PRO InfinityMember since 2006
same problem with me i can hear myself but no1 else can hear me help please

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 7:35 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1st open the 8000 port on router (as you already did) and make sure it's opened for your broadcast computer's (internal) ip.

2nd provide your listeners with external ip address which you can find here http://www.whatismyip.com/ and give it the :8000/VirtualDJ.mp3 ending if you're broadcasting with VDj's internal server, or :8000/listen.pls if you're using the shoutcast standalone server.

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 10:50 pm
not worked :(

Posted Thu 04 May 06 @ 7:22 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
which port do you use for broadcasting? Check windows firewall too.

Posted Thu 04 May 06 @ 7:35 pm
8000 one if you have msn please add me on zubkhan04@hotmail.com thnx i send the link to people and it says page cannot be displayed :( i dont use firewall niether and i use broadcast from y computer and its the virtual dj home edition i dont no whether to use mp3 or ogg i cureentley try mp3 thnx

Posted Thu 04 May 06 @ 7:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)