Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ problem since last install - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I cant open use Virtual DJ since the last time I updated, I have tried uninstalling it fully and deleting the Virtual DJ folder, then installing the latest version again, but it keeps giving me the same error...

virtualdj.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

(will post the full error report if needed)

Any ideas on what I should do?

(The trial version seems to work fine though)

Posted Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 4:26 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Help ask a question at the top right will get you into eservice.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 4:29 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djwilliec

When you do a full delete of the program, be sure to delete it from your 'regedit' under the software tab and also from your prefetch folder. Then do a search under your whole system for anything under 'VDJ', 'Virtual DJ', 'Virtual' and delete ALL connections to virtual dj. BEFORE YOU DO THIS THOUGH, REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR DATABASE.XML FILE!!! This will help when you do a full reinstall and stop you having to do another analysis of all your music. Remember also to burn your VirtualDJ.exe file to cd and any updates and keep a note of your serial number so that you can reinstall easily without any problems.

Always try to keep a note of what is happening and let the forum know. Someone somewhere will be able to help you sort it out.

You might want to give a note of your system specs too so that we can help. Every little bit of information you can offer can help to resolve the problem.

I'm not sure, perhaps some of the other folks in the forums can confirm this. It may be an issue if you are using the full version whilst the trial version is still installed on your pc. However, this is what I have on one of my systems, and I have not had any troubles like the one you are describing. Like I say, perhaps some of the other guys could confirm this.

Best regards...keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 4:37 pm
Thanks for that, I should have thought of it anyway, gonna do it tomorrow...

Posting system info (anything that may be relevent as such)

os: Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600)
cpu: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz (3059MHz)
memory usage: 790/2047MB (38.59%)
graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE (1280x1024 32bit 60Hz)
hdd (free): 69.37/345.4GB (20.1%)

Posted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 5:36 am
Dj JaysHome userMember since 2006
I need a new free Virtual Dj software for my brothers B-day party

Posted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:16 pm
you need a new free VDJ??

what happened to your previous version lol.

you can get your free VDJ version here

http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

of course that's after you pay the purchase fee ;)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:29 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@DJ Jays

You can only download the trial (free) version once. Even if you delete it completely from your pc.

You'll need to buy the full program as DJ_whiteDVL says.

P

Posted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 8:45 pm
puppa32PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I cant open use Virtual DJ since the last time I updated, I have tried uninstalling it fully and deleting the Virtual DJ folder, then installing the latest version again, but it keeps giving me the same error...

virtualdj.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

(will post the full error report if needed)

Any ideas on what I should do?

(The trial version seems to work fine though)

Same problem !! i delete all in "Prefetch" files too. !!

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 12:56 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Have you cleaned the registry too?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 5:28 pm
puppa32PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes all !! and the demo goes ..

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 11:17 pm
Hmmm... deleted "everything" to do with vdj, backed up the vdj folder to an external drive 1st... re-installed 3.3 again, same problem...

puppa32, can you post your specs also to see if its anything that we have in common...

Its a shame really as I love this program and have got a few fellow dj's to try it out also...

(to any tech support guys, could ye make it so I can redownload version 3.2 until ye have figured out whats up? thanks :) )

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 3:41 am
Help....i cant open my newly installed VDJ, it's giving me a " Ddentry10...can not find in the library...Ddraw.dll..." error message....it has been weeks and I cant wait to try my VDJ....please help

I have installed a Direct X 9c version and still gets the same error....Experts please help...

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 9:18 am
Well, just to let ye know, going back to 3.2 worked... hope the next update fixes whatever went wrong though :)

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 3:57 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Thanks for tell us how is this problem fix by now, djwilliec. I think next update will fix this problem.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 10:50 pm
lol, i don't think i fixed anything.. Just gave a temporary solution lol.. Would it be possible to make beta releases first in future.. With a forum for discussing any problems before release of an official version.. Buggy versions, even if only posted in the forums, looks bad for new people to virtual dj..

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 11:29 pm
I'm sure they have a beta team, like everyone else. There will always be bugs, as long as there are more then one type of computer. There is no way to test on every configuration. I never expect a perfect software. If you want to hear about bugs, try Zone Alarm's forum. There are people slitting their wrist over there. However, the last update works for me. Go figure.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 11:51 pm
i'm sending these messages using my N70 while in work so i'm not planning on writing full replies as such.. I had already agreed with you in another thread saying the same.. I fully understand why errors can appear on one machine and not on others.. I was only saying that it looks bad for new people.. Anyway, talking about errors.. I'm using opera on my phone at the moment.. It seems to delete half of my written message every now and then, thats also why i had not said it already.. I had wrote it 3 times at that stage.. Looks like i'll be going back to netfront ;) am.. I'm only lucky its only after deleting some once now..

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 12:12 am
MagicDHome userMember since 2006
Hello all! DJ Magic D here. First post.

Same exact thing as the original poster....... same message, in trial version.

After only a two or three days of using the trial version....

IT WON'T LOAD AT ALL!
I get a window saying:

"Virtualdj_trial.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell Microsoft about this problem"

I was using the software just last night, mixing up some R&B videos, and was all excited! As of this morning, it won't load, and I get that message EVERYTIME I try to open the program

I've un-installed and re-installed, but it's no use... same message!

I was actually thinking of using VDJ for a house party in March..... I want to do video mixing at the party and have the guests going....... wow!

I'm currently using Serato Scratch Live.

Dunno what to do!

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 2:01 am
I had no problem at all with the newest version of the trial... It was only the full version... If it was working for a while, sounds like you may of installed something that has made it not work... Its a shame as I really do think that you will love VDJ as it is 100 times better than scratch live :(

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 10:32 am
@ Magic D
You said you uninstalled vdj. If you uninstall it and remove every reference to it from the registry It should work on the next install.

Nikki

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 1:06 pm
77%