Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Laptop Crashes Using VDJ - PAIN - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

off topic, but nevermind, some fields in the browser are hidden, if you try to change the size of the fields you can find DRIVE and PATH and not only the artist-title-time-bpm-comment

Posted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 2:48 pm
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, I've maybe found a solution for our problem!
Open Intel graphic card/driver properties (in my case blue window) and just let it stay there as you would with the Maya 44 usb or Hercules asio panel.
Not tested enough yet, but it worked for me this weekend. And of course its not a real fix, just improvization.
Please report your opinions/test on this.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 1:09 pm
For path, rt click in recordcase on track, and select file info. Hope that is what you were looking for.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 8:58 pm
OK i will try ;-)
is it enough to have it in system tray ? or leave the whole config windows open ?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 8:48 am
Leave the whole config window open.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 12:56 pm
Well, had 2 crashes/freezes this weekend in about 1 hour period. Really anoying, never knowing when it will go out.
Searched some forums, seams it could maybe be an inverter problem?
2 lopez- how did your tests with an open cofig. window go? As you can see it didnt helped me :(

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 1:22 pm
Inverter only cares of the backlight.... so i don't think it's the case.

I could not find an utility I removed it and was in hurry.
But I always put my notebook to "always on" in the performance/power options tab before spinning.
And on the new year gig it happened very often.

During my saturday gig it happened twice, two times after short period. So i decided I will try whether it's heat related. I lowered the setting to portable/laptop and also put my notebook not on my suitcase with cables, but raised the back edge a little so the whole bottom was free. I am sure air flow was ok around the cooler, but the notebook was quite warm before this change.

After theese modifications to my setup no screen corruption. Anyway I plan to sell my cute 12'' notebook for half of it's original price, I must have something I can rely on in any conditions, not to spend one year find finding what causes display corruption.

I only think it's heat related, but am not sure.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 2:37 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
lopez453,

What are the notebook specs? is not a 1.1GHz Pentium M processor? just wondering because many of the 12" notebooks has that processor and they don't performance as well as another Pentium M based comuputers (like 1.73GHz or 1.86GHz)

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 10:31 pm
Acw, it's MNT223C15W MicroBook 223TU Combo. 12,1" WIDE 16 : 10 but with
1,5 GHz With 2MB cache, 768 MB memory, 80GB HDD, win XP pro

http://www.microbook.sk/good.do?good=5673 it's rebranded uniwill 223II0

Only problem i have is random corrupting of screen. Only thing that helps is to switch the output to external and back (but you must have ext. display connected) or put notebook to sleep mode or restart completely. All is working, music is playing even if display shows random pattern. Starting for example some other application and putting it fullscreen, or trying to change the resolution is not helping.

If you have dual display mode, the second display works like charm only main get's death.
And you don't have to touch it by hands or vibrations from speakers, to get it to corrupted state or get it out of this state. Not mechanical probably.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 9:08 am
Lopez,

I think is a problem because of the current resolution. Could you use a 800x600 skin and do the test again? not go into a full screen, just let the VDJ windows as 800x600 so it fits without resize the Windows display.

How it goes?

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 5:42 am
I have 1280x1024 resolution, couldn't be enough to use 1024x768 and not fullscreen that will be in a window. It's hard for me to use 800x600 but if you mind, i can surely manage it somehow.

So there are 3 options:

What desktop resolution to use ? 1280x1024 / 1024x768 / 800x600

I assume I have to disable LCD sretching (so if i have 800x600 desktop it will show only in the middle, not fullscreen)? disabled / enabled

What skin size to use: 1024x768, 800x600?

Previously i used 1280x1024 desktop with truecolor and also the skin size.
Btw. when reading some "whatsnew.txt" in intel drivers I saw that they had problems with
resolutions > 1024x768. Maybe you are right.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 9:47 am
Lopez,

Keep your Windows Desktop at 1280x800. And then use a VDJ Skin in 800x600 so you have a little windows in your desktop. Do the test, and see if the problem it's the same. Probe also with strech disable and enable.

keep me posted :-)

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 9:17 pm
Hi 2 Acw & lopez- glad to see you around, working on this.
I've also been workin on it for the past few days. Managed to recreate the problem several times, each time changing a variable.

CONCLUSION:

- 1st of all, my M processor after a lot of restarting and standby's went to full 1,6 GHz- usually beeing at 800 Hz
- It seems as more processes/programs you run- it gets harder to crash
- Contacted Hp service( Croatia), explaining my problem. They told me: update BIOS(could fix a lot of problems), update video driver(Hp original- not Inel's one, it also matters even if they are the same), if that doesn't work to use my guarantie & probably go for a motherboard exchange.

SO:

- I've made some more things (and still do), but to cut the long story. Will try, probably this week to do those updates and report on it. Just experiencing some problems with downloading from Hp site, will get around it.

THANKS to all of you and btw. heating doesnt have anything to do with it, read again my previous posts.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 11:43 pm
Thanks djzare,

I will be looking how it goes your issues. I hope you can have this problem fixed with the Bios update...

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:36 pm
Hmm yeasterday i had a "last minute" gig, they called me 2 hours before start.
i had my projector connected but in standby mode to be able to switch between lcd and projector to fix a problem. Unfortunately i was not able to work with 800x600 skin. So i just put 1024 desktop and 1024 skin without stretch. WHole gig was cool. I also bought sony playstation portable as backup.

In the morning after i woke up, i started windows (in 1024x768) and OpenOfficeOrg
went for a cup for tea, when i came back the display was just vertical lines.

So it had nothing to do with vdj, and fullscreen, but i dissasembled notebook partially to be able to disconnect notebooks display. And test if when it gets corrupted and i disconnect and reconnect it, if it will fix problem. BUt looks like it's videoram related and i have no options in my bios except disableng modem and wifi.

I pplan to reinstall my notebook even if it's clean. but this time no powerdvd etc. just windows and VDJ.

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 7:17 pm
Lopez,

It seems to me that is a hadware problem, and that equipment must return to warranty soon.

Best Wishes!

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 12:33 am
Hi, I have the exact same problem. It doesnt happen as often as yours does, or doesnt seem too. Same senario, screen black or green or white, music still playing, then have to shut down to get it working again. I have found that running windows task manager in the background stops the screen going blank, dont know why. Ran it for 10hrs or more like this & didnt do it once. If I run vdj without any other programs running in backgound (minimsed), as you would at a gig, screen goes blank. My laptop is... sony vaio celeron M 1.6ghz, 768mb ram (128mb shared intel graphics). I have got a desktop pc that I have never had this problem on though... spec... 2.4ghz pent 4, 512mb ram, 128mb gforce graphics. Anyone else get this problem? Have contacted vdj software, waiting for a reply...

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:39 pm
I already solved the problem,

mine was related to the two things:

- intel chipset driver problems

- slightly damaged cable for notebook LCD.

I dissaaasembled my notebook cleaned contacts and my notebook LCD is now ok. When it happened it was enough to push at one part of the notebook. But strange was that even the reboot, without touching the notebook helped. That was the reason i was not suspecting mechanical problem.

Your problem can be different.

Are you using Videos ?

IS the problem while you are using only external display/projector for displaying VDJ screen (not videos)?

For me, while using external display all was ok

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 11:00 pm
I dont use videos or an external screen, just use it for playing mp3s. My laptop is about 2wks old so I cant be the monitor. All drivers are up to date as well.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 12:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)