Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: chopped and screwed trax

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cellc90Home userMember since 2005
hey yall, I just got the virtual dj software, and my homeboy told me that you could chop and screw stuff up with this software can anybody tell me how 2 do this or help anything would help thanx you guys.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 8:19 am
do it the same as you would with real turntables. put the same track on either deck then slow then down so they "feel good" then offset one tracks play back by 1/2 beat, 1 beat 2 beats it doesnt matter, thenuse crossfader to chop up samples.

or you could use an effect plugin like "beat grid" and get the same effect with one deck.

-gauge

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 9:55 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
not so easy with the demo though, you cant use headphones

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 1:59 am
not to start a holy war or anything but... I could never understand the fascination with the "chopped and screwed" mixes. It sounds like ass... all you are doing is slowing down an already ghetto sounding rap song into and even more ghetto sound. Not very pleasing to a paying audience. If you are professional DJ working in a general market you are wasting your time. If you are bedroom DJ who loves that sort of very ghetto, thug, no promising future, horrible sound then by all means more power to you. Please don't think that EVERYONE loves this sort of music... and loud.

Funny quick story kind of related to this....

I was in Target the other day in a hurry to get a power strip because I forgot my little case that housed a power conditioner in it. So I had to settle for a power strip instead.... anywho... I walked in a hurry and went straight to the electronics department. I was passing an aisle where they had a little home stereo set up on display. Well there was the loudest most ghetto rap playing. So I do what I always do when I am in store trying to comfortably shop. I thought there was some kid who turned it on that station and turned real loud. As soon as I turned it down I heard some yell at me, "Hey!!" I looked over and it was an employee scolding me for turning it down. AN EMPLOYEE YELLED AT ME FOR TURNING DOWN OFFESIVE LOUD MUSIC IN A TARGET STORE... I was in a hurry otherwise I would have gone to the manager and complained and all that. I was just shocked and in a hurry at the time.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 10:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)