Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Loop configuration

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm not very keen with Djing yet, so lopping gives me some extra time for the mixing. the main problem I find, is that when pressing the buttons in the DJC for looping, it gives too short loops (1, 2 and 4 beat loops). I did not find anyway to change the behaviour of these buttons (probably because there is no user modification posibility in this aspect). Maybe the Virtual DJ group could consider this modification for future releases.

On the other side, I'm happy with the software, eventhought I use the bundled version of it, so I supose the registered version has to be superb. maybe I install the demo version to check it out :)

I saw some problems on the forums related to hedphones or acuracy in the controls, I'm happy to say that I don't have those problems, but some controls (like the weels) are so easily touched, and it delays the sound, and other buttons have to be pressed hard.

thnks.

Posted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 8:05 am
Is there any news on the loop config matter?

I'm using the Dj Console Version aswell....and even tho I can change key shortcuts and the loop value, I cant seem to get it to work.

I would like to have 4,8,16 preferably on loop 1,2,3!

Is this included in the Prof edition?
Is there a way for me to change the values so they actually work?
Is there any other way to make it work?

Plz help, coz, even tho I really enjoy mixing with Dj Console/Virtual Dj, this really bugs me alot!

Thx in advance...
Bas

Posted Sat 06 Nov 04 @ 8:45 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think you can chance this in the consolemapper

Posted Sat 06 Nov 04 @ 1:44 pm
Hmm, in the console mapper I cant find anything about loops...

All that I can see that somewhat matches the knobs is the "change FX" knobs. But because that one selects one of the 3 (FX/Cue/Loop) I really dont know how I could change the loop value...

Anyone knows how to change it?

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 6:24 pm
1- in virutal DJ change at the shorcuts change the looping stuff like: 1- Left consol 4 loops, 2- Left Consol 8 loops, 3- Left consol 16 loops, and do the same with right (456)

2- at the hercules keymapper set the console's buttons for the same like: left 1 = 1, left 2=2, left 3=3, right 1=4, right 2=5, right 3=6

If everything is fine is going to be good.

BUT
here is the problem, for some reason the console keymapper don't care how hard I try to map the corret buttons..... so

So if anyone have any ide what the *#$* is going on with the mapper plz. let us know!!!!

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 11:04 pm

-Still hoping someone can help us VDJ/HDC junkies out 0_o

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 10:09 pm
cmejiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I got the same situation. No matter how much I change in the Hercules Console Mapper, it seems that it does not apply while Virtual DJ is running. It would seem that Virtual DJ has the hardware button assignments hard coded....

So is there anyway to change these within Virtual DJ ?

I tried the Trial version of V2, and it is no better.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 7:54 pm
I'm kinda dissappointed in the VDJ team...I mean, you're the ones making this software, why not help us out here?!

If its not possible to change the value's (b/c its hardcoded) then plz say so, coz now we're just waiting and waiting...

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 2:20 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just guessing, guys, but could this be a function of the full software only? The Hercules DJ Console version may not support this.

The full version is well worth it, btw. I upgraded from my DJ Console version and have not regretted it.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 3:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)