Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Edit BPM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been having a sync problem with any song who's BPM is not a whole number. For example, if VDJ says Left Outside Alone is 128 BPM and 8th World Wonder is 128.9 I usually drop the BPM so they both match. In this case it would be 128bmp. But when I match the beats in the active monitor and in my headphones the tracks hardly ever stay in sync. You can actually hear the beats seperate and it sounds like crap. I'm using one 4.1 sound card with a mixer. All of my audio drivers are up to date including DirectX. I have 1 gig of DDR RAM with a 1gig Thunderbird processor running at 266 FSB.

Also when I got to edit a BPM it never saves the changes that I make. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Posted Fri 09 Apr 04 @ 12:59 pm
This is my first time posting in the forum because I usually try to figure out the problems myself or by learning from what others have posted here. Was there something wrong with my post? Am I being totally stupid or something like that? I'm not sure why anyone hasn't replied to it.

I remember reading about sync problems in VDJ, but I thought it was caused by multiple sound cards. I'm using one sound card. I tried to be detailed as possible with my problem. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Posted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 6:51 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
on the normal display side of things vdj just displays the rounded number for the bpm in the edit bpm window you can see the bpm to 2 decimal places. the only problem that i've had with vdj not saving song info is when i'm running multiple instances. if you manually edit the bpm to the correct value you should not have sync problems

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 5:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)