Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: anxiously awaiting Karaoke support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey guys, I know you can technically play zipped karaoke in Virtual DJ, but it's a bit too cumbersome to be running a karaoke show with it yet....

we need a key changer button on the interface, and a way to input the singer's names so you know who's singing..... a basic rotation manager would also be nice....

I've been dreaming of doing DJ, Video, and karaoke from one app... I know it's in the works, but I was just wondering If I could help in any way to get the ball rolling, as I haven't heard much talk about karaoke here at all....
please let me know...

I Rrun 27 karaoke shows a week, and would love to have my guys do them all from Virtual DJ.

The thing is, you have to have a singer cue, and a way to store their pitch up and down. the pitch plugin on the effects download site is terrible....

-Steve

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 6:58 pm
27 A WEEK?? Where is karaoke still that popular?

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 8:50 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
him and his associates do 27 a week. not that outragous for a company

Posted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 12:44 am
I tell ya. Maybe DJ jobs. Not karaoke jobs. At least in my area. Karaoke has really cooled off here.

1. Becuase you cannot smoke in bars.
2. Because noone really wants it at their private parties when personal machines are cheap and easy to obtain.

I used to upsell karaoke at over 1/2 of my parties. Now only a few times a year. I just can't see a company booking 1400 karaoke jobs in a year. But good for you if its being done.. :) I just thought karoake, although I personally love a good karaoke show, has really cooled off. Maybe not everywhere.

Posted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 2:14 am
In the south, (i'm in georgia) karaoke is still getting bigger.... But we don't do it half assed, we're slingin' intelligent lighting, monster sound systems, top notch gear, video djing, and all that....

I have an average of 350 people at my tuesday night show at the Wild Wing In Athens, and friday and saturday, there's always a two to three hour wait to sing...

We're the biggest money night of the week... the smoking ban hurt us for a while, but it's back bigger than ever... we beat out ladies nights, poker nights, and dance nights... we do it 4 nights a week at some bars.... you'd think it would be overkill, but that's the only nights they really bank!

karaoke only works if it's done right.... if it's not a giant production, it's not worth it...

hell, we're doing 6 private parties on the 29th, and we've had to turn down 4 more.....

I know it's different up north, but I know wherever country music is popular, karaoke isn't far behind...

sorry to hear it's not more profitable elsewhere....

Posted Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 7:46 am
You are right. Up north(east) is different. There are still tons of parties and weddings though so no big deal. I just bring less equipment... ;)

Posted Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 1:44 pm
You are right. Up north(east) is different. There are still tons of parties and weddings though so no big deal. I just bring less equipment... ;) Karaoke program would be nice,but i reckon you need to use sax-dotty hoster program and pay 42.00 for each machine,which is wrong, up here in sc karaoke has always been the top dog over dj shows..The Reason..Price dj 500.00, karaoke 200.00 and most karaoke shows do both.

Posted Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 5:35 pm
so, can anyone answer Steve?

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 5:32 pm
kjawayPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Steve, I haven't purchased the software yet because of the key changer issue. I'm trying to get a fix on what you mean by the plug in is terrible. I don't care about the cue stuff. I just want a skin where there's a simple toggle switch, slider, button whatever to adjust the key for a singer. I sthere such a thing or is it more complicated than that.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 8:51 pm
in VDJ 4.1 there is a great keychanger yes.

Its there as an default effect (buttons), but it can also be made as a slider or knob in skins, for those who like

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 8:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)