Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New to HDJC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Neil WPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Hi,

Recently purchased the HDJC and very pleased with it. However is the VDJ SW that comes with the HDJC not the full version?

If I upgrade to the full version of VDJ what extra features will I get. One feature I am interested in is the use of the jog wheels. Will the full version allow me to change the function of the jog wheels or can I already do that?

Thanks.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 2:05 pm
Is this the Hercules DJ Console you are talking about?

I heard it comes with a stripped down version of VDJ (which kindof sucks but...) Sorry i cannot answer your question yet.... I was considering the purchase of one today though. how do you like it? Is there really a latttency issue as bad as people describe. (delay between pressing the play button and hearing the sound play)

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 4:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Its a bit of a difference...

The free program that comes with the console is fully working (no time limits like demo), but its a dedicated console version that works with the console only.
It has a couple of limitations such as not being able to connect to external mixer, and its NOT the same as the full profesional version of VDJ

The console version is at version 1.09, while the pro version is at version 3.1

The pro version gives a couple of great features that the console version does NOT have :
- Ability to connect to external mixer (2x stereo out from console)
- Ability for basic scratch with console jogwheels (not just nudge as on the console edition)
- A bunch of new features added (such as sampler engine, better sound engine, video mixing etc etc)
- ability to download amazing effects

There was a comparison avalible on another page, but the hercules has been removed, if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask :).

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 5:42 pm
Also Neil, as you have the console edition could you please modify your profile (top left of the screen) to let it detect your console, then people will know your not useing a crack or a demo.

Thanx :).

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 5:49 pm
Hi

Thanks for the responses. So I guess I really need to upgrade to V3.01 - is it best to go out and purchase it or download from here?

Yes I have the Hercules DJ Console and was a bit worried with all the negative write ups but so far I have not had any problems at all with mine. I sold my decks and vinyl about 2 years ago and have missed them so when I saw this thought I would give it a go. Only intend to use it for home mixing and maybe the odd party etc..

I have tried to register my console and firewall is turned off but it wont seem to let me do it. Is there anything special I need to do or just try again later?

Thanks.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 8:03 pm
Yes the FULL version is light years ahead of the version that comes with the HDJC, it has to be said, I actually bought the FULL version first, then bought the console, I also forgot to mention that VDJ 3.1 is compaitable with VST plugins, like the ones you use with cubase etc, basically very very powerful and nice effects, and their are thousands of them.

VDJ isn't widely avaliable in a box just yet, but you can can download it from here, and to be honest It's alot cheaper to buy it here, and it's the same product:

http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

The file is only 17mb so even if you only have a dial up modem then no problem, and a very quick download if you have cable.

If you buy the FULL version you'll get a serial number which you can enter into your profile which will up your status, to detect the HDJC you MUST HAVE VIRTUAL DJ RUNNING, all you need to do is as it says on the page, firewall off as you said, also antivirus, and of course the console plugged in :).

Also with the FULL version comes a great support service, you can expect a very fast response with any problem or question you may have.

Regards.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 8:15 pm

I managed to register my console, forgot to open the software! I will upgrade to VDJ3.01 tonight when I get home.

Thanks for all the advise so far!!

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 12:33 pm
Your welcome my friend ;), look forward to seeing you as a FULL version user and reap all the benefits :).

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 1:55 pm

OK so I have now got VDJ3.01 but now my HDJC does not work. Do I need to change anything?

Cheers.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 10:39 pm
Could you please enter your serial into your profile, then I can tell you more..

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 11:30 pm

I have been trying to enter my serial number but when i hiy submit it keeps coming back with invalid serial number.

Any ideas?

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 2:51 pm
If it's a genuine serial number it should work. Don't type it. Copy and paste it from the E-mail. It should work fine.

If it doesn't work contact e-service :
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 4:19 pm
Nice one Neil, I see you made the right decision :)..

Do you have any more questions?, and did you manage to get the console going?.

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 2:28 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Welcome Neil W to this great community as a Full member!

Enjoy!

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 2:50 pm

Cheers guys, yeah got the console working fine just needed to make sure all the settings were correct.

The full version of VDJ is much better. Still playing around with it learning what it does etc.. but im sure I will ask for further advise in the future.

Thanks for all your help!

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 10:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)